which are the safest payment methods

nivar

hi,

i sell pay gadgets, which are in high risk of fraud payment methods. I was using paypal and it turned out to be that paypal don't want to process the order anymore because of the high charge backs, paypal cut out is at 4% my store charge-back rate for last month was 24% last month.

I am currently using Wester-Union/MoneyGram or Bank Wire for payment.

Is there any alternative witch can accept credit cards and safer?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, this will really vary by your location, and business model. (you don't indicate where you're based -you can do this on your profile.)

A proper merchant account should be more willing work with you, and some may offer anti-fraud protection and insurance.

PayPal accounts do get hacked, and also some people will simply report it as fraud when it is not.

In the UK, we have NoChex- I'm not sure if they are any different.

Also look at Google Checkout.

If you can't go to a proper internet merchant account, then take a good look at your fraudulent orders.

Personally check the originating IP address - does it tie up with the country of the shipping address (ie delivery to UK, IP address is non-uk)

Insist on a telephone number, and if orders are low, perhaps a short courtesy call to inform them you're shipping the items today. Don't ship until you speak to them...

Don't ship to PO Boxes

Only ship to billing addresses

If you check the past fraudulent orders, and see how you could detect them NOW.