Google Base Feed

Guest Vampylady

Guest Vampylady

Hi

Could really use some help.

I am using CubeCart 4.4.1 and have tried exporting my catalogue to upload to google base, but I keep getting it disapproved...what I am doing wrong? and how do I get it to work?

Many thanks in advance.

Louise

Hi Lousie,

what error messages can you see from Google Products?

CubeCart 4 exports as Tab Separated with non-quoted fields, and so your Google Products configuration needs to match this.

Google recently made some other requirements on the set-up of Google Product, things like the company display name should not have Ltd/Plc etc, and you also need to claim the domain (this mainly involves email verification, or uploading a file to the root of the store).

However, if you post what error message you get, we'll try to help.

Jason

Guest Vampylady

Hi Jason

I am very new to all this shopping cart etc so not quite sure what settings you are referring to and where I would find them and what they should be....All I know is that I had previously had a website which I set up myself and input all the data into an excel document and then saved it as a tab delimited file, and uploaded it and it worked without any problem. Since I have been using CubeCart this has not been the case. I tried imputting all the data in manually but that didn't work and neither did the export catalogue etc...I have attached a screen shot to show you what I get - all I get is it says each product has been disapproved, and if I click on the word disapproved it just takes me to google help. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I really would like to get my products up on google again.

My site has been verified so that is not the problem.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Jason

I am very new to all this shopping cart etc so not quite sure what settings you are referring to and where I would find them and what they should be....All I know is that I had previously had a website which I set up myself and input all the data into an excel document and then saved it as a tab delimited file, and uploaded it and it worked without any problem. Since I have been using CubeCart this has not been the case. I tried imputting all the data in manually but that didn't work and neither did the export catalogue etc...I have attached a screen shot to show you what I get - all I get is it says each product has been disapproved, and if I click on the word disapproved it just takes me to google help. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I really would like to get my products up on google again.

My site has been verified so that is not the problem.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

Google appears to have decoded at least some of the feed (its aware of each product name)

Its either a policy issue (google has an issue with your store/products), or a formatting issue (technical problem).

For a store I look after, the following is working;

FileFormat: Text

Encoding: UTF-8

Delimiter: Tab (\t)

Use Quoted fields: No

The file looks like;

description expiration_date id image_link link price title condition

A soothing and restoring blend of the purest Essential Oils of Geranium, Rosemary, Lavender, Black Pepper, Chamomile and Sweet Orange. 2010-07-03 5 http://www.storeurl/images/uploads/de-stre...ssage_oil_1.JPG http://www.storeurl/blends/de-stress-massage-oil/prod_5.html 12.50 De-stress Massage Oil new

The above won't look correct as the forum software wraps the text.

However, I've shortend the description to make it easier to check the fields.

The header contains the bare minimum for this to work, so if you do not have the condition field this will fail. The order of the headers does not matter.

The header and data is all tab delimited.

Jason

Guest Vampylady

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked my google base settings for my feed file and they are as you specified so I tried to upload it again but I still get the disapproved link. Do you know of anything else I can check? I am not too good with this stuff as this is my first shopping cart! If you do not have any suggestions do you have an idea on how I can contact Google to see if they can give me an answer as to why the items are disapproved?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

I have received replies from Google, but it does take time. Things may have changed (as I jumped on getting a google "base" feed as soon as they rolled out that service).

I've sent you a PM requesting your feed file, and will check for any technical problems with the data.

Reasons they will disapprove a product;

-The product MUST be available for online purchase)

-Zero Stock (this breaks the above rule)

You've probably seen the following page, but its worth checking;

http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer....61118&hl=en

If this is a new store (ie brand-new domain), there could be a dns update issue that may simply be taking time- a bit of a long-shot thou!

Thanks,

Jason

• 2 years later...