two quick questions

Guest hammerhead

Guest hammerhead

Hey--

I'm building a store that's using product options for different sizes. Thing is, the sizes will affect the shipping costs because of their differences in weight, but I'm only able to enter a single weight for a product. Hopefully this can be worked out and I don't need to enter separate products for each weight.

Second thing, how does the productCode field work? I've written a script to upload my own csv file of product info, but notice CC adds this info dynamically. My store doesn't need it so can I put whatever I want in there as long as it's unique?

Thanks!

:hammerhead

Hi,

I think the additional weight problem will need a code change. I would suggest asking over at cubecartforums.org for any modifications that can provide this.

The productCode can be calculated yourself. In normal use, this is created (if the field is left blank) during the product creation. The field should be unique, and for cubecart I think it is a combination of an abbreviated product title, with a random number.

So- you can probably create this yourself in Excell/OpenOffice/Spreadsheet, by use of the MID and RAND commands.

The productID is the unique key in the database, and so is automatically assigned in mySQL database (just to clarify)

Jason