Really urgent problem with ~ in front of £ for price variations

Guest Acknowledged74

Guest Acknowledged74

Hi

I have asked this before but am now really desperate now as have no answer.

There are various sizes and therefore various prices for some products.

I really want to specific an actual price for each product rather than +50p or whatever. However when I try to do this I get:

~£2.70

~£3.35

~£3.75

and so on. Why have I got the ~? I have asked paid for support, and other than to say I would need to change the coding I got nothing further, and its just something that you get with V4, why for gods sake it doesn't make any sense at all, why would anyone want the ~ sign?

We need to change the coding where, what files? At the very least someone must have come across this issue, surely?

Thanks for any help you can give, even to say it can't be done, I just need some guidance and some responses please.

Regards

Ash

Hi Ash,

I've just spent a few mins looking into this. It looks to need tweaking of a few files.

There are currently 3 ways to manage the price;

+ (addition)

- (subtraction)

~ (no change)

Adding a 4th way, would require changes to the option editor in admin, the cart.inc.php file (this manages the front-end cart), and probably 2 template files.

Hopefully you can see this is not a quick change.

There is also the consideration for "sale" mode, if you're overriding the product price like this.

The paid support you have paid for will be for the core product only. This will require some tweaks to the code, that either you, or a 3rd party will need to do.

I'm not actually aware of any "off the shelf" mods that will do this, but encourage you to post a request in cubecartforums.org where I think you'll get a response as this should not be a large project (providing the "sale mode" question is handled).

Regards,

Jason