CC Not Receiving PayPal IPN Data

Guest andy120

Guest andy120

I've talked with support at CubeCart and at PayPal. I spent hours trying to get this to work. Can anyone offer ANY suggestions?

Orders remain pending after being placed. The transaction log remains empty. CubeCart is not receiving the data from PayPal's IPN.

• Cubecart sends the customer to PayPal
  • PayPal processes the payment and the store owner receives the payment on their PayPal account
  • Paypal's IPN is enabled with the store URL
  • PayPal payment notification and auto-return is enabled with the store url as the return url
  • PayPal verifies that it has sent the payment notification to my server and the server responds that it has received it with a 200 ok response
  • The PayPal email in cubecart is the exact primary email from paypal

I don't know what's wrong. What's even stranger is that I added Estelle's PayPal Shopping Cart Gateway in hopes that it would fix the problem. And while the mod did work (products were itemized on the paypal invoice) the same problem occurs - no data is appearing in my transaction log and the order remains pending.

When I enable call.inc.php's PayPal IPN Debug email I get no email. Appears the problem is before this then?

My phpinfo page shows that cURL is supported:

curl

cURL support 	enabled

cURL Information 	libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.8 libssh2/0.18

I'm running CubeCart 4.3.8. My host is DreamHost. I've used IPN before on this same host with another piece of software and it's worked fine.

Thoughts? I'm running out of options and we need to launch this site ASAP.

Thanks!

Andy

Hi Andy,

I personally had problems with IPN on CC3, but never needed to use it (in IPN mode) on a CC4 store.

It sounds like you've been looking into this quite a bit.

Just in case you've missed this, below is a link to a knowledgebase article;

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?_m=k...;kbarticleid=56

The CC3 issue looked to be a race condition, and whilst the code may not help, I'll link to the thread as this may shed a bit more light on it;

http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showt...=23589&st=0

I did use the last link with success in CC3, with a couple of stores that needed automated payment clearance.

If you still have problems, I can try to test IPN on a CC4 demo I'm currently running.

Regards,

Jason

Guest andy120

Hi Andy,

I personally had problems with IPN on CC3, but never needed to use it (in IPN mode) on a CC4 store.

It sounds like you've been looking into this quite a bit.

Just in case you've missed this, below is a link to a knowledgebase article;

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?_m=k...;kbarticleid=56

The CC3 issue looked to be a race condition, and whilst the code may not help, I'll link to the thread as this may shed a bit more light on it;

http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showt...=23589&st=0

I did use the last link with success in CC3, with a couple of stores that needed automated payment clearance.

If you still have problems, I can try to test IPN on a CC4 demo I'm currently running.

Regards,

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I have looked into this quite a bit but with no luck yet.

You mentioned you don't use it on CC4. What do you use as an alternative? At this point I'm open to considering other options. The store needs to go live as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

past stores have been PayPal (without IPN..), Google Checkout, and HSBC (I'm UK Based).

I can't help right now, but you may find help, or at least confirmation over at CubeCartforums.org

Find a modder that sells mods on THEIR cc4 store, and they may be able to help - most modders will have an automated system that uses IPN.

I admit that I didn't have much luck until I applied the changes in the old thread I listed (for CC3). After that, things worked fine.

Its been a while since all this, so I'm not that familar how IPN works (I think it HTTP POSTS data to the store..), the method in the thread requires the store to contact PalPal and request payment status.

I do have a PayPal accound and CC4 demo at the moment, but no time today. I'll try to find time tomorrow to run a quick test.

HSBC is good, but obviously requires a merchant account with them (approx £200 setup+monthly charges), and is UK only (not sure where you're based).

Jason

Andy,

It is difficult to state anything because of PayPal. CubeCart PayPal gateway is technically OK but all depends to the site connection and I have experienced VERY odd behavior testing payments using PayPal regardless to the gateway used and site connection was perfect.

Only I can suggest you is to hire an experienced coder to see the exact reason of your problems. Believe me it is not so easy sometimes.

I remember cases PayPal IPN history recorded everything is ok even in state I simulated PAGE NOT FOUND in IPN script code. :) Well direct URL usage showed 404 html status but PayPal history showed code 200 - which is OK!!! Weird?