Upload different file types

Guest krystof78

Guest krystof78

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to be able to upload file types other than images in Cubecart. My products have fact sheets in pdf that I would like to make available to download by visitors of my website, but I can't see how to do that.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Krys

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to be able to upload file types other than images in Cubecart. My products have fact sheets in pdf that I would like to make available to download by visitors of my website, but I can't see how to do that.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Krys

A similar question from me - I would like to upload pdf documents/e-books and mp3 files for electronic download/listening to via media player. Can this be done?

Dawn

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Krys

A similar question from me - I would like to upload pdf documents/e-books and mp3 files for electronic download/listening to via media player. Can this be done?

Dawn

• 2 months later...
Guest dannyrus

Do you want people to pay for these items as a product ?

or just have them as information?

either way just uploading them via FTP to a folder of your choosing, would be better rather than putting them in the image directory.

Howdy, was there a solution to this one?? Uploading the PDFs is fine but can adding a link to it be automated instead of hand-typing a url into the description??

Cheers!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Zack Katz

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I just wrote a blog article detailing how to fix this: CubeCart File Uploads.

Hope this helps!

Yes, it is. My warning to this is that his final solution is to allow any file with two to four characters to be uploadable. That includes .exe and .php and if any mod uses the rte file-uploader for a customer facing function, that might be a very bad thing.

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I just wrote a blog article detailing how to fix this: CubeCart File Uploads.

Hope this helps!

This is a good article and is one way of doing it but why not just define them as digital products ? There are plenty of CubeCart sites selling .mp3, .pdf and lots of other format files and this works as standard in CubeCart so no code changes are required.

Ian