Customer specified options & validation

Guest fuchsiashock

Guest fuchsiashock

Does cubecart have the ability for some products to have input fields for the customer to type in?

eg

Width:

Height:

The customer completes these fields which have a predefined valid range eg 1-1000.

Thanks.

Can you then calculate the price based on the given dimensions?

No - not as you want to use it.

There are 3 option field types;

Textbox, TextArea and "Default" (drop-down box)

The only field that allows price calculations is the drop-down box.

This is fine for a limited number of option values (red/green/blue, or small/medium/large/xxl etc), it sounds like you'll need 1000 different values (1-1000)

If your product has limited pre-defined dimensions (ie 22 x 36, 103x25 etc), then these can be catered for in the drop-down with a +/- price adjustment.

If you need to allow the customer to provide arbitary dimensions (ie you're selling custom sizes) then this will require code modification/development.

There may be an existing mod to do this (I'm not sure), but the best place to discuss this would be cubecartforums.org (link in my signature)

Jason

Maybe you could set up some 'drop-down' product options if your products are certain set sizes. For example, 100x250, 500x350 etc etc. You could then set the option to add to or subtract from the price depending on the size chosen. If the product isn't a certain set size, leaving the customer to choose, this isn't probably any good unless you could set a range i.e Up to 250mm £x.xx, then from 250mm up to 350mm (+£1), up to 500mm (+£2).

Lee

Ps Sorry about the similar posts, mustve submitted them almost at the same time :(