Where to edit text that appears on my store?

Guest laanes

Guest laanes

I need to change the naming of subtotal and tax and add text to price and sale price.

In the basket where it says subtotal, I want it to say subtotal (VAT excluded)

In the content area where it displays price and sale price under the product, I want to say "normal price: £xx, web price: £x"

I have changed the namings in cart.inc.php and in language\en\includes\content\cart.inc.php, didnt work, so i have reuploaded the backup files and Im back at the point where I was before I started doing anything.

Where should I change these namings then?

Hi

You need to change them through the Language tab in your Admin Panel. Languages>Front End Phrases>Content>View Basket / Checkout Pages. There you will find the Subtotal text, for example. Change the bottom one of the 2, as the top one is so you can revert back to the original text. The Language tab is where you will find all front and back-end phrases, which are listed in different categories to make them easier to find.

Lee

Guest laanes

Hi

You need to change them through the Language tab in your Admin Panel. Language>Front End Phrases>Content>View Basket / Checkout Pages. There you will find the Subtotal text. Change the bottom one of the 2, as the top one is so you can revert back to the original text. Have a click through the other categories to find anything else you might want to change.

Lee

Thank You Lee,

This solved part of my problem! :(

I had to modify the template files as well as I needed to add text that does not exist at some places by default.

Best regards,

Laanes