Import Catalog not mapping correclty

jclanin

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the Import feature.

I first added a product mannually and then exported the catalog. Opened in Excel to see the format and followed it adding several products.

Saved as CSV. Imported. Used the mapping function correctly - Product Name = Name... etc...

But then when I import it does not come in correctly. The mapping is off. The description becomes the name; price becomes the description; etc...

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adz10

me too, same problem, is it being fixed? can someone from cubecart let us know in here??

my trial license will expire without me being able to properly test if I want to buy a full license otherwise.

Guest adz10

ok guys, thought i'd let you know i've found the fix.

you need to open up admin/sources/products/import.inc.php and find this line:

echo sprintf('<div style="clear: both; width: 500px; margin-top: 5px;" class="tdText"><span style="float: right;"><select name="column[%d]" class="textbox"><option value=""></option>%s</select></span> %02d. <strong>%s</strong></div>', ++$key, implode("\n",$fieldList), $key, $header);

then simply replace it with:

echo sprintf('<div style="clear: both; width: 500px; margin-top: 5px;" class="tdText"><span style="float: right;"><select name="column[%d]" class="textbox"><option value=""></option>%s</select></span> %02d. <strong>%s</strong></div>', $key++, implode("\n",$fieldList), $key, $header);

this should fix the problem! phew!