Payment module not showing in checkout process

Guest towermusic

Guest towermusic

Ok, so long story short(ish).

Built up our new site using Cubecart 4.3.9, hosting on a linux server, and using securetrading as our payment gateway.

Securetrading sent through the data for their payment module to use in cubecart, follow the instructions etc... found it in the admin section of cubecart, and fill in the details and enable. All good so far.

Then go to test by putting a dummy transaction through the checkout, everything is fine until it comes to choose the payment method; nothing there...

I enabled the paypal module just to check, and that showed up as a payment option, but still no securetrading option.

Spoke to cubecart support and they fobbed me off saying it's nothing to do with them as it's a third party module (waste of a ticket).

Spoke to securetrading support and they told me it was because we were on a linux based server, so i was ready to fork out another £50 to switch to a windows based server. Thankfully i didn't as they've now tested it on a linux server at their end, and it's working fine there!

I'm completely stumped as to what it could be, as i've followed everything to the book. took the module off completely atleast 3 times and put it back on again, even had the support at securetrading confirm everything looks fine!!

As i've said in previous posts, i'm no web designer, just a bit of a code fiddler really!

Any help or similar experiences appreciated

Ollie

Built up our new site using Cubecart 4.3.9, hosting on a linux server, and using securetrading as our payment gateway.

Securetrading sent through the data for their payment module to use in cubecart, follow the instructions etc... found it in the admin section of cubecart, and fill in the details and enable. All good so far.

Then go to test by putting a dummy transaction through the checkout, everything is fine until it comes to choose the payment method; nothing there...

I enabled the paypal module just to check, and that showed up as a payment option, but still no securetrading option.

Spoke to cubecart support and they fobbed me off saying it's nothing to do with them as it's a third party module (waste of a ticket).

Spoke to securetrading support and they told me it was because we were on a linux based server, so i was ready to fork out another £50 to switch to a windows based server. Thankfully i didn't as they've now tested it on a linux server at their end, and it's working fine there!

I'm completely stumped as to what it could be, as i've followed everything to the book. took the module off completely atleast 3 times and put it back on again, even had the support at securetrading confirm everything looks fine!!

As i've said in previous posts, i'm no web designer, just a bit of a code fiddler really!

Ollie

As the SecureHosting module is not part of the offical cubecart software - its a little unfair to expect it to be supported by CubeCart.

Its a bit strange they suggested Windows - their Document states "Apache HTTPD 2.2.11" - can be run on Windows, but most Windows servers will be running IIS...

In your FTP program, please check;

modules/gateway/

There should be a folder named "SecureTrading"

This will contain;

process.inc.php

transfer.inc.php

admin (folder)

If so, you need to enable the gateway in CubeCart Admin (admin>payment methods>secure trading>configure)

You also need to provide a description, if you leave the description field blank you'll see a radio button, but no text (this may be your problem)...

I've tested (I have no Secure Trading account, but quickly installed the module). On a £10 test purchase, the gateway appeared on the cubecart checkout.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Guest STSupport

Ollie

As the SecureHosting module is not part of the offical cubecart software - its a little unfair to expect it to be supported by CubeCart.

Its a bit strange they suggested Windows - their Document states "Apache HTTPD 2.2.11" - can be run on Windows, but most Windows servers will be running IIS...

modules/gateway/

This will contain;

process.inc.php

transfer.inc.php

admin (folder)

If so, you need to enable the gateway in CubeCart Admin (admin>payment methods>secure trading>configure)

You also need to provide a description, if you leave the description field blank you'll see a radio button, but no text (this may be your problem)...

I've tested (I have no Secure Trading account, but quickly installed the module). On a £10 test purchase, the gateway appeared on the cubecart checkout.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Hi Jason

If you want we can provide you with a test account so you can check the configuration of the module with SecureTrading.

If this is something you'd be interested please let us know by emailing [email protected]

Kind Regards

Mark Gennoe

SecureTrading Support

Ollie

modules/gateway/

This will contain;

process.inc.php

transfer.inc.php

admin (folder)

Hope this helps,

Jason

Hi Jason

If you want we can provide you with a test account so you can check the configuration of the module with SecureTrading.

If this is something you'd be interested please let us know by emailing [email protected]

Kind Regards

Mark Gennoe

SecureTrading Support

Hi Mark,

thank-you for posting here.

The original poster hasn't got back to us yet - so there is little more we can do. As it "worked for me", I would expect a simple error on Ollies part. Perhaps he can post back soon with an update?

I expect the module was incorrectly installed- cubecart does not need the account details to be correct to show the module during checkout (but does need to be enabled and a description provided)

The offer of a test account is very useful, and I'll bear it in mind.

Regards,

Jason

Guest towermusic

hi guys, sorry for the late reply

Thanks for the reply Jason, what you've listed is exactly what i did, and have all the files in there too.

I'm pretty sure it'd be difficult to mess up installing

I've taken a screen sot of what comes up, this is with the module enabled, filled in, and definitely with a description in there.

checkoutscreenshot.jpg

As you can see, not even a radio logo there, there is literally nothing to select!

Mark and the guys at STsupport have also confirmed with me the module is filled in correctly (They've been incredibly helpful in trying to get to the bottom of this by the way, highly recommended to anyone)

I'm just waiting for my host to get back to me about checking the php/apache logs for errors.

Any more ideas guys?

Oh and Darren, we're ok for subscription payments for now, i'll keep it in mind though!

Ollie

Guest towermusic

Just a little update, error logs didn't bring anything up when i ran another test through and got to the same stage as above.