Google Adsense

Guest joaoj

This will depend on where you want the adverts to appear on the store. You'll need to read up on the template system. I would recommend reading the documentation project over at cubecartforums.org ask in that forum if you need a hand.

Be aware that advertising OTHER sites on the store is a 100% bad move. Its ok for a blog/forum/personal site, but does not portray a professional image.

Consider why this is a good idea - gaining £0.20 from Adsense or the profit from a sale.

If you're getting lots of visitors, but no sales - then the store experience needs tweaking.

Jason

Guest joaoj

Hi Jason.

thank you for that info..

But my store is new and we are geting it stocked up and we are geting some visitors I would like alot more, as of yet no sales.

I'm new to all this but I'm learning alot, what did you mean " then the store experience needs tweaking"

you can look at my store.. www.diascographics.com

if you see something that I need to do or change PLEASE let me know?

john

This will depend on where you want the adverts to appear on the store. You'll need to read up on the template system. I would recommend reading the documentation project over at cubecartforums.org ask in that forum if you need a hand.

Be aware that advertising OTHER sites on the store is a 100% bad move. Its ok for a blog/forum/personal site, but does not portray a professional image.

Consider why this is a good idea - gaining £0.20 from Adsense or the profit from a sale.

If you're getting lots of visitors, but no sales - then the store experience needs tweaking.

Jason

Hi Jason.

But my store is new and we are geting it stocked up and we are geting some visitors I would like alot more, as of yet no sales.

I'm new to all this but I'm learning alot, what did you mean " then the store experience needs tweaking"

john

Jason

Hi John,

just to clairfy:

ADSENSE; Adding Google Adverts to your website, where you will earn income from each click.

Unless the site is busy, it will bring in very little income, and it doesn't make sense to advertise your competitors on your site- taking away visitors (when they should be buying!)

ADWORDS: Advertising your site on the Google Network, where you pay Google for each click through to your site.

Can be worthwhile on a completed site. A waste of money until the site is ready.

Looking at your site, you are selling product for the Apple i phone/touch/pad/macbook etc.

Consider your target market - people who are willing to pay extra for the Apple Brand.

With this in mind, you really need to consider a better design for your store. Using one of the default templates really isn't enough.

The descriptions really need tidying up;

http://www.diascographics.com/index.php?_a...mp;productId=29

"IF YOU DO NOT CHOOSE A COLOR: This will come in BLACK"

There is no means to change the colour - so this statement is redundant.

Other problems with the descriptions.

If you've copied directly from your supplier, then you really need to "sell" the product, so re-word most and ensure all is tidy.

My advice, either get a 3rd party template (ie an existing design), or - if budget allows, a custom template designed.

There are many talented designers over cubecartforums.org and a large selection of pre-designed templates.

If you create the vinyl designs inhouse, then this should be a good store - and perhaps get rid of the non-related gadgets. (I assume the vinyl is higher margin anyway?)

Without a stronger brand, you'll find the store lost with all the other low end gadget sites - offering good vinyl designs and thinking about who your customers will be is essential.

So... larger images, bigger thumbnails, better presentation (graphically and content/text), and effort to project a professional image, targeted to your market.

Add some application gudes (youtube video?), customer gallery, facebook links etc.

Lots to think about!

Jason

Guest joaoj

Jason,

Thanks for the info here, I have changed some things and have removed non-related gadgets, as far the zize of the images

I have tried to make them biger, all the changes that I do it dose change anything (don't know what to do here)

john

Hi Jason.

john

Jason

Hi John,

just to clairfy:

ADSENSE; Adding Google Adverts to your website, where you will earn income from each click.

Unless the site is busy, it will bring in very little income, and it doesn't make sense to advertise your competitors on your site- taking away visitors (when they should be buying!)

ADWORDS: Advertising your site on the Google Network, where you pay Google for each click through to your site.

Can be worthwhile on a completed site. A waste of money until the site is ready.

Looking at your site, you are selling product for the Apple i phone/touch/pad/macbook etc.

Consider your target market - people who are willing to pay extra for the Apple Brand.

With this in mind, you really need to consider a better design for your store. Using one of the default templates really isn't enough.

The descriptions really need tidying up;

http://www.diascographics.com/index.php?_a...mp;productId=29

"IF YOU DO NOT CHOOSE A COLOR: This will come in BLACK"

There is no means to change the colour - so this statement is redundant.

Other problems with the descriptions.

If you've copied directly from your supplier, then you really need to "sell" the product, so re-word most and ensure all is tidy.

My advice, either get a 3rd party template (ie an existing design), or - if budget allows, a custom template designed.

There are many talented designers over cubecartforums.org and a large selection of pre-designed templates.

If you create the vinyl designs inhouse, then this should be a good store - and perhaps get rid of the non-related gadgets. (I assume the vinyl is higher margin anyway?)

Without a stronger brand, you'll find the store lost with all the other low end gadget sites - offering good vinyl designs and thinking about who your customers will be is essential.

So... larger images, bigger thumbnails, better presentation (graphically and content/text), and effort to project a professional image, targeted to your market.

Add some application gudes (youtube video?), customer gallery, facebook links etc.

Lots to think about!

Jason

Hi John,

in Admin, you can rebuild the thumbnails. So.. if you change their size in General Settings, and then rebuild thumbnails - you should see the effect.

You can't enlarge the main image without re-uploading.

The values in General Settings are used when re-sizing (on upload only)

Jason

Guest joaoj

Jason

I have done that, there is no change on the main image on the index page, but there is a change when clicked on the image

it is large. BUT NOT ON THE MAIN PAGE.

john

Hi John,

in Admin, you can rebuild the thumbnails. So.. if you change their size in General Settings, and then rebuild thumbnails - you should see the effect.

Jason

Guest joaoj

Jason

I have done that, there is no change on the main image on the index page, but there is a change when clicked on the image

john

P.S.

Do you Know why this is going on ( I can't see the description ) I have tried everything that I know.

Check it out here...http://www.diascographics.com/index.php

Hi John,

Jason

Hi John,

looking at your homepage, I can see you've increased the thumbnail size.

As you have a fixed width template, your thumbnails should be a fixed width, and so some tweaking of the template is needed to space the images correctly.

The logo needs work so its not partially hidden under the currency and language boxes - however as you are probably always pricing in USD, with english language only, these boxes can be removed.

The category page is looking better, hopefully you can see the benefit of larger thumbnails;

http://www.diascographics.com/index.php?_a...Cat&catId=3

Jason

Guest joaoj

Jason

john

P.S.

Do you Know why this is going on ( I can't see the description ) I have tried everything that I know.

Hi John,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I do like the biger images, but in the HOME page you cant see the item description. How do I remove the USDA and English boxs.

what template do I edit for spaceing the images.

The Login and Regster FONT COLOR is WHITE on this skin if I shorten the banner you can't see the login and regster.

jOHN

Jason

john

P.S.

Hi John,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I do like the biger images, but in the HOME page you cant see the item description. How do I remove the USDA and English boxs.

The Login and Regster FONT COLOR is WHITE on this skin if I shorten the banner you can't see the login and regster.

jOHN

Hi John,

its sounding like you're going to need help with your store. If you are a bit technical, then read up on the template system over at cubecartforums.org

You'll need to know FTP, and the basics of HTML and ideally CSS.

If this is a bit above your skills, then I do recommend you find someone to help you, as I think you'll have other requirements.

Jason

Guest joaoj

Jason

john

P.S.

Hi John,

Jason

Hi Jason,

jOHN

Hi John,

its sounding like you're going to need help with your store. If you are a bit technical, then read up on the template system over at cubecartforums.org

You'll need to know FTP, and the basics of HTML and ideally CSS.

If this is a bit above your skills, then I do recommend you find someone to help you, as I think you'll have other requirements.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm familiar with PHP, ASP, and HTML scripts and FTP. some scripts are easier to maneuver around to edit than others

with this CubeCart I'm just having a hard time finding the right TPL to edit thats all.

I was just asking you what template do I edit for spaceing the images.

John

Hi John,

Cool - I can talk technical then :-)

Depending on the template used, its either

index.tpl (/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl NOT /styleTemplates/global/index.tpl!)

OR

/styles/layout.css or /styles/styles.css

If you look at the browser source code to your homepage, you'll see what styles are used. To be honest, I can't remember if any templates use Tables for the "latest product" layout (hopefully not!).

Its almost certainly layout.css or styles.css

There will be a holder <div> for the image/desc/price, and the class of this div will have a fixed height & width (in pixels).

Jason

Guest joaoj

Hi John,

Cool - I can talk technical then :-)

Depending on the template used, its either

index.tpl (/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl NOT /styleTemplates/global/index.tpl!)

OR

/styles/layout.css or /styles/styles.css

If you look at the browser source code to your homepage, you'll see what styles are used. To be honest, I can't remember if any templates use Tables for the "latest product" layout (hopefully not!).

Its almost certainly layout.css or styles.css

There will be a holder <div> for the image/desc/price, and the class of this div will have a fixed height & width (in pixels).

Jason

Hi Jason,

Well things are looking better, now I'm having issues with export to Google Base heres what google is saying

Feed status summary for products.txt

Disapproved - Processed on Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am PDT

Detected file format: Text

Error: Disapproved

Your data feed has been disapproved because some or all of your items are not complying with our Program Policies

I've been in contact with support team at cubecart and they sent me (2) files export.inc and functions.inc

but still Google still saying the same thing..

Have any ideas?

P.S.

thank you for the info on the TPL to edit.

John

Hi John,

Zero price products will fail, as will those with no description.

I can't see anything seriously wrong with your products.

Check the resulting CSV file (import into Excell/OpenOffice Calc), and ensure there is a "Condition" field in the header, and there is a value for the products.

Otherwise, PM me for my email, and send me the CSV file for checking. I've been using Base/Products since it was introduced, so should be able to spot problems.

Jason

Guest joaoj

Hi John,

Zero price products will fail, as will those with no description.

I can't see anything seriously wrong with your products.

Check the resulting CSV file (import into Excell/OpenOffice Calc), and ensure there is a "Condition" field in the header, and there is a value for the products.

Otherwise, PM me for my email, and send me the CSV file for checking. I've been using Base/Products since it was introduced, so should be able to spot problems.

Jason

Jason

Theres is no field called "Condition" on the header.

I will PM you.