View a site document inside a box

Guest Baj

My client is a weapons-grade idiot.

I have tried to make things simple for him.

He wanted a box with a list of products he has in the pipeline but not available yet.

I created two files: soon.inc.php and soon.tpl

soon.inc is as follows (after the usual header licence stuff and the no poking about code)

$incdoc = file_get_contents('./soon.txt', true);

$incdoc = nl2br($incdoc);

$box_content=new XTemplate("skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/boxes/soon.tpl");

$box_content->assign("LANG_DISCOUNT_PROMO_TITLE",$lang['front']['boxes']['discount_promo']);

$box_content->assign("SOON_TEXT",$incdoc);

$box_content->parse("coming_soon");

$box_content = $box_content->text("coming_soon");

This takes a text file in the root (the easiest place for him to find) and parses it through to a box for CC to deal with.

soon.tpl is simply:

<!-- BEGIN: coming_soon -->

<div class="content2">

<div class="CS_text">

{SOON_TEXT}

</div>

</div>

<!-- END: coming_soon -->

Simple. It works fine.

Genius client however still cannot get to grips with this so I would really like to creat a site documet he can use instead so instead of including the text file I can just point at the document number. However it aint that simple.

Any pointers?

I am guessing I will probably have to pull the data from the db directly using the id#?

Baj,

in time, you'll realise that its not professional to describe clients like this. I'm sure you're happy to take his money?

To add a siteDoc, basically look at the viewDoc.inc.php script, this should detail how to get the site doc from the database.

As this is a change to the core functionality, any further discussion needs to be over at CubeCartForums.org

Regards,

Jason

Cheers. Will look into it.

I have been doin this for more years than I care to remember. Every now and again you get one, nice enough as he is, who just does not get it.

Yes I am happy to take his money. Yes if I charged correctly for the work I have done to date I would be calling Bill Gates poor.