Is it possible to have multiple payment gateways?

Merm

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and so glad I was able to get paypal ipn up and working with the help of you all. I apologize if this is the wrong place, someone point me in the right direction

Now that is done, i know some people who will not use paypal and wonder if I can set up multiple payment gateways? Thinking of propal but open to suggestions..

and on the same problem, I acted like a customer and when i was given the option to pay by paypal or postal order? I chose postal. But that has all kinds of info that means gobblygook to me and probably to my customers. Is there some where I can modify the "postal order" As before with paypai, I've been searching all of the various cubecart forums and not finding an answer to either of these issues.

Thanks so much in advance , I so wanted to get my site up and running this week, but i keep running into problems.. trying to tackle the shipping options next..

Well, i just answered my own question on postal order, apparently it is called "print order form" in the cube cart admin gateway, even though it is called "postal order" for the customer.. just a tad confusing, but at least i can see where all that info comes from.

and I think I know you can have multiple payment gateways but i guess my question is how to do it? do I go through admin??

thanks again, going over to admin right now to fix the gobbly gook

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can enable whichever gateways you want to. Just go thru admin>gateways and complete the settings you want.

Thanks Mysty, sorry I missed your post. Right now I'm trying to find out what cost are involved in using authorize.net. I know some people won't use paypal so I would love to find another way to take credit cards without a huge setup fee, well $100 is more than I want to spend to set it up front. . And the possibility of being able to take credit cards over the phone sounds very useful. I'm wondering if cubecart has some relationship with the various payment gateways so the cost are lower than what we can get just going by ourselves. Just thinking outlound, unless anyone knows the answers. LOL

Thanks again Mysty for the help

No discounts that I know of for gateways.

One option is to use mals-e.com to collect your credit card data and manually process your orders via paypal so that paypal is not prominent to your customers, which is what I do. Honestly in 9 years, I've only had 1 person tell me they didn't want to order from me as I used Paypal.

Another low cost option to Paypal is Propay.com - I started out using them but switched due to hitting their monthly caps, though now they have additional plans to avoid that.