SEO and pagination

I set up Search Engine Optimisation on CubeCart (v 4.3.8)

It works fine EXCEPT for the pagination links.

Those links are not properly generated in proper SEO format.

example (both links are from the same page):

SEO formatted link

http://www.readersoutlet.com/mathematics/m...prod_11917.html

Pagination link

http://www.readersoutlet.com/index.php?page=99

I've done some looking around and found no mention of this problem. Anyone able to lend a helping hand?

Yeah we have found this same problem on several of our client sites the SEF urls in CUbecart 3 or 4 arent the best weay of creating them and v5 is supposed to be better

we also found no help from Devillion about this issue except that v5 will be better

what we did for our clients and it seemed to help some

is we bought the advanced SEO MOd (can be found at the cubecartforums.org)

this mod will help deal with duplicate links/dupe content

however your issue this doesnt even help

and what we did was set the categories to show 250+ products so pagination doesnt become an issue

basically find out what catregory has the most products and set your display number of products setting to 1 more than that

sucks but it does help

and what we did was set the categories to show 250+ products so pagination doesnt become an issue

basically find out what catregory has the most products and set your display number of products setting to 1 more than that

sucks but it does help

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's a pretty good tip. However, sadly we have a very large inventory and the category with the largest number of items is over 30,000 items. So I've turned off SEO until we can find a solution.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MasterSites

sucks but it does help

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's a pretty good tip. However, sadly we have a very large inventory and the category with the largest number of items is over 30,000 items. So I've turned off SEO until we can find a solution.

I had loads of trouble with the Pagination and SEO. In the end here is what I did

Ok due to lack of response from CubeCart I spent HOURS on this and managed to fix by doing the following.

1) Find the function.inc.php file inside your includes folder

2) open the functions.inc.php in note pad and search for:

$noLink = sprintf('%s?%s', $currentPage, http_build_query($newParams));

3) Replace the enture line with:

$noLink = sprintf('%s?&%s', $currentPage, http_build_query($newParams));

--- Note I have added a '&' after the '?' found inside the ...sprintf('%s?....'

I then used the Apache Lookback option in the search engine friendly section

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Seeing as when you posted this, I figure this is a long shot to get a reply, but figured I'd try. Please see a separate post of mine below; I've copied it here for your convenience. I just tried your suggestion with 'functions.in.php' but to no avail, so I changed it back for the time being. If you have any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Please see my customer's store here. I currently have it set to display 1,000 products per page, but previously when it was set to 10 products per page, the next page link would take me back to the homepage. I've seen other threads where the next page link would cause the current page to refresh, but that's not what I experienced. It does seem to be a problem with the search engine friendly URL thing, since when I turned that off it did work. When I tried the "Apache RewriteRule" option I got a 'Page not found' error when clicking on a product, so I've been using "Apache directory 'lookback'", which works but seems to be causing a problem with the next page link.

In case this helps, my .htaccess just has the following line:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php4

Which if I remember correctly was from the hosting company to make it PHP5.x instead of 4.x, which was giving me trouble when I first installed this thing (that was a few months ago). I tried adding the text CubeCart gives you for the "Apache RewriteRule" option even while using "Apache directory 'lookback'" but that didn't work (I saw that in another thread). I'm running CubeCart 4.4.2. If you'd like me to set it to 10 products per page for you to test it out, let me know and I'll let my customer know.

-Josh