Can I use a picture for my Background?

Guest mystical

Guest mystical

Hi, I have searched around but not been able to find an answer so was wondering if someone could help me.

I'd like to put a picture in my background instead of a colour. Is this possible and if so what code to I need to use to do this.

I have tried a few things but had no luck. I just keep having to revert back to a solid colour.

Thanks

Hi, I have searched around but not been able to find an answer so was wondering if someone could help me.

I'd like to put a picture in my background instead of a colour. Is this possible and if so what code to I need to use to do this.

I have tried a few things but had no luck. I just keep having to revert back to a solid colour.

Thanks

Hi,

All CubeCart templates use CSS for layout/formatting, and so you'll need to be familar with this .

For each template/skin, there will be a CSS folder that contains a few files, you'll need to look at these and tweak to suit.

In /skins/yourskinname/styleSheets/layout.css, you'll find the following at the top of the file;

body {

margin: 5px;

background-color: #ffffff;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.gif);

background-repeat: repeat-x;

background-position: top;

}

This will set the entire page background to pageBg.gif, and it will repeat across page page.

I would suggest reading the Documentation project over at CubeCartForums.org, as this explains the template structure far better than I can offer in a forum.

If you are not familiar with CSS/XHTML, then you may wish to consider one of the free or commercial templates. All 3rd party services are over at cubecartforums.org (link in my signature).

Jason