Site Hacked

Guest shotb1

Guest shotb1

Hi,

I have gone onto my webshop today to discover that a payment has been made by a buyer but it had been directed towards an alternative paypal e-mail address.

Having checked my config I have found out that the e-mail address in the Paypal gateway had been changed and having checked the admin logs there has been someone logging into my account in the early hours of the morning for the last three days.

I have upgraded cubecart and changed my passwords. Is there anything else I can do to ensure this does not happen again.

Also what would you advise with regards to tracking down the fraudulent person? It was not a huge sum of money but dont like the thought of these people continually ripping people off.

Thanks,

shotb1

if they were logging in to your admin account the admin sessins will show the date time and IP of the user

getting their IP location is yur first step if you wish to prosecute then you have to PROVE someone from that IP

was logged in and redirected paypal funds you should also warn paypal

and give the the email address that the money was sent to

basically document and start blowing whistles