Site finally open. Comments etc welcome

Guest Baj

http://www.jubileewines.com/shop

I will spare you the opening movie the client has requested and take you straight to the site.

Running on CC3. Halfway through the project the client decided he might go to v4 but I have advised against as v5 is coming.

Custom stuff:

Header image changes depending on category. This was no fun to do!

Jquery slidey boxes in right column for specific products.

Lightbox popups for youtube vids etc

Coming Soon box takes conent from a page doc (sadly the client found the colours buttons)

Custom menu japery

Some other bits and bobs (admin fields for product specs etc)

A few beer tokens thrown at Estelle for a couple of items to fill in the gaps (shipping mod, discount by group).

Looks good. I'm a big fan on good Wine - so have bookmarked :whistle:

They seriously need to dump the intro movie...

It took ages to load, only to view a static slideshow with some music.

Is the music actually licensed for website use? If not... the PRS will soon get in contact for their fee. Its not too expensive to licence music for a website, so worth considering to be legal and not face copyright problems in the near future.

I don't know why some people insist on this. Its ok(ish) if there is some actual content (video with voiceover) or comedy value .. but a few pictures like this could be done in JQuery with some nice annotations, which would have helped SEO and been much faster to load.

On the site;

Customer Quotation, could be better styled. Lots of simple CSS based exampled online - look for drop quotes.

Basic styles/colours are not really in keeping with the store/logo colours. This mainly shows up on the basket/checkout.

Good content for each category text. and generally I can see lots of work has gone into this.

Jason

Agreed it would be better without the opening movie. He was advised against but insisted. What can you do?

I advised he let me redesign the logo too...

I don't know about the music. He is pretty good at licencing stuff so most likely OK.

I agree on the customer quote thing. I had not done anything as he was writing it for ages but now it is done I may get arty.

Not sue I agree with the styles comment. The buttons on the checkout are a bit off, I grant you. Maybe I will look into changing them.

On a personal note I thoroughly recommend the Dornfelder. Not cheap but gorgeous and the glass cork is awesome. Make sure you have plenty of people about to watch when you open it. Then send them away. :whistle:

No big corporates here. Just a guy with a bedroom office and a bonded warehouse picking up good wines from small vinyards.

• 4 weeks later...