Instock Items into One Category, How to display only items that are in

Guest lovejungle

Guest Bill Smith

Besides the setting in the GENERAL STORE, did you also set the individual PRODUCT's Product Stock Level to the number of items available for sale and the USE STOCK LEVEL = yes? That will cause an item to only be listed if there is available stock.

But, on rereading your posting and subject, it looks like you want to set up one category that only shows items in stock. Other categories that the item might belong to would still display the item, regardless of whether it was in stock or not. But I suspect that it's an all or nothing type thing. Of course, you can always go over to the 3rd Party Forum and request a special mod from one of the experts there.

Guest lovejungle

But, on rereading your posting and subject, it looks like you want to set up one category that only shows items in stock. Other categories that the item might belong to would still display the item, regardless of whether it was in stock or not. But I suspect that it's an all or nothing type thing. Of course, you can always go over to the 3rd Party Forum and request a special mod from one of the experts there.

Yes, this is what I'm after.

So how would I go about showing just the items that are in stock now?

If i've created a category called "in stock now" how do I go about getting all the products that have stock to go into that category?

(assuming they're already in other categories - I don't want to manually change each and every product to include this new "in stock now" category - I just want them to automatically be in there)

Yes, this is what I'm after.

So how would I go about showing just the items that are in stock now?

If i've created a category called "in stock now" how do I go about getting all the products that have stock to go into that category?

(assuming they're already in other categories - I don't want to manually change each and every product to include this new "in stock now" category - I just want them to automatically be in there)

From a store management point, a "virtual" category should be created (aka "sale items").

This will require software changes the "viewCat.inc.php", and also a link added to your template. The viewCat.inc.php script is also used to generate the "sale" item list (a virtual category), and so would make sense for this to work for the "in stock" category.

This is above what can really be achieved here, so you will either need to code it yourself or ask a developer to code it for you.

Jason