Pre-newbie question - list format

Guest realview

Guest realview

I am thinking of using 3.0.7 (available at host) for a project. I only need a very simple book order system and I would prefer the front end to basically be just a single shopping cart page in list format that has book name, qty, price, total per row. I'd rather have all books listed perhaps with a category breakdown row separator but everything in line.

Is cubecart capable of doing this easily or is it going to create only the category view or add one item at a time back and forth to the cart presentation? There aren't very many books and there's no need to bounce back and forth or do a sales pitch in category format. I just want to list the books and let people select the qty on a row if they want to add that boo to the order.

Thanks very much for your feedback.

This is not possible without quite a bit of code changes.

I would also strongly recommend using the latest version of CubeCart 3. V 3.0.07 is very old (over 4 years!), and there have been many security enhancements and bug fixes since then.

So... before you start any work, you need to update. This is free.

Back to your list format..

It sounds like it needs to look list the category view, but with all categories listed.

This is possible, but will obviously result in a long page, especially if you want some decent sales blurb with each book.

So, unless you can code this yourself, you'll need to hire a developer.

Jason