Zones

Guest Lashman

Guest Lashman

I can't believe that you have to input zones for most countries, ie Belgium for one example.

Yet a FREE cart like Open Cart has all the zones for every country.

You even have to input West Yorkshire, North Yorkhsire etc.

For a paid cart its pathetic.

Lashman

I can't believe that you have to input zones for most countries, ie Belgium for one example.

Yet a FREE cart like Open Cart has all the zones for every country.

You even have to input West Yorkshire, North Yorkhsire etc.

For a paid cart its pathetic.

Lashman

This does look like an omission from the CubeCart database. I expect its not a problem to have this corrected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_counti..._United_Kingdom

Ok, if you're able to edit the database (phpMyAdmin), then first run a complete account backup (ensure the database is backed up)

Then run the following query;

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_iso_counties` (`countryId`,`abbrev`,`name`) VALUES (225,"WYK","West Yorkshire")

This assumes you've not changed the country code of UK (225), or have any table prefixes.

If this runs ok, then add North Yorkshire;

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_iso_counties` (`countryId`,`abbrev`,`name`) VALUES (225,"NYK","North Yorkshire")

These zones will now appear in CubeCart Admin.

I can see you used to use Roman Cart - did that provide full worldwide coverage of each country?

I can't easily find a worldwide database of this info- so would be interested to know where a Free Cart was able to get their data from.

They are using GPLv3 as their license model - so perhaps it may be possible to run a database dump and use that data?

If you have to input them manually into the database, would it not be easier to put them in via the Admin Panel>Store Config>Countries & Zones? Then in the 2nd table, County/State/Zone: at the bottom, change the drop-down to United Kingdom, add North Yorkshire in the Name box and NYK in the ISO box, then click Add Zone. This does add the new county to the database.

Lee

Guest Lashman

If you have to input them manually into the database, would it not be easier to put them in via the Admin Panel>Store Config>Countries & Zones? Then in the 2nd table, County/State/Zone: at the bottom, change the drop-down to United Kingdom, add North Yorkshire in the Name box and NYK in the ISO box, then click Add Zone. This does add the new county to the database.

Lee

Thanks for feedback guys.

Yes I can input them from Admin.

I have been using Roman Cart for 6 years which is the same as CC for Countries and Regions, no big deal customers just have to type their region in themselves.

Open Cart when you type in United Kingom the region box auto fills with all the regions, East Riding of Yorks, Wests Yorks, South Yorks and North Yorks and it does this with all countries or at least those worth shipping to that I tried.

No worry, I like CC it seems stable and well supported and I will probably use it, purchased a couple of mods/skins which work ok.

Mike