HELP Newbie and changing pop up windows!

Merm

Can someone PLEASE help me. I followed the pinned topic on getting the popups to display larger. I THOUGHT i did everything right , but NOOOOOO. , the data that shows up is below ,

Ok, no one has responded yet and I have something new to add in case anyone sees this. I have an email into Estelle because it seems I've obliterated her code that she put in this weekend for my text input fields. so not sure what I can do before I hear from her.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to just get back to the basic viewProd.tpl in the Killer skins.. I did a back up a couple weeks ago but frankly I don't know enough to follow the instructions on how to retrieve one file out of it.. (if it can be done) And the famous assumption, I assumed Estelle would have backed mine up (she probably did)

Admitting total stupidity that I didn't even think I was messing with the files that had just been changed for my text field update. Now that i've been looking for any crumbs.. i am reading the files i should have BEFORE I did thi

I changed the viewProd and the popup.css and then changed the numbers in the store config.. And now see this

Here's my site now http://www.mermaidsseajewels.com

[XTemplate]

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.buy_btn] does not exist

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.prod_opts.repeat_options.repeat_values] does not exist

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.prod_opts.repeat_options.repeat_values] does not exist

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.prod_opts.repeat_options] does not exist

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.prod_opts.repeat_options.repeat_values.repeat_price] does not exist

Can someone PLEASE help me. I followed the pinned topic on getting the popups to display larger. I THOUGHT i did everything right , but NOOOOOO. , the data that shows up is below ,

Ok, no one has responded yet and I have something new to add in case anyone sees this. I have an email into Estelle because it seems I've obliterated her code that she put in this weekend for my text input fields. so not sure what I can do before I hear from her.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to just get back to the basic viewProd.tpl in the Killer skins.. I did a back up a couple weeks ago but frankly I don't know enough to follow the instructions on how to retrieve one file out of it.. (if it can be done) And the famous assumption, I assumed Estelle would have backed mine up (she probably did)

Admitting total stupidity that I didn't even think I was messing with the files that had just been changed for my text field update. Now that i've been looking for any crumbs.. i am reading the files i should have BEFORE I did thi

I changed the viewProd and the popup.css and then changed the numbers in the store config.. And now see this

Here's my site now http://www.mermaidsseajewels.com

[XTemplate]

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.buy_btn] does not exist

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.prod_opts.repeat_options] does not exist

* parse: blockname [view_prod.prod_true.prod_opts.repeat_options.repeat_values.repeat_price] does not exist

Don't ask me HOW I did it, but I think i'm okay now. I've made so many changes and uploads they all run together. I'm afraid I would NEVER make a computer person.. But i'm back working...

If anyone has read this, well there is one comical thing is all of this. I thought "comments" were lines you wrote for yourself and didn't appear on the web.. well, i was wrong. Luckily i only wrote "mayberight" but it's there for all the world to see.. ROFL. Guess I'll have to change that tomorrow. Thanks for listening to me vent And onward tomorrow to seeing about the images.. though I am going to be very gun shy.

Easiest way to fix it is to re-upload the un-altered files from your computer and then start again with whatever it was you wanted to modify. Just re-upload the viewprod and popup ones and you should be fine.

Safety tip: When I'm editing a file, I always ftp it as is to my hard drive, rename it on the server by adding .orig to the end (original file for me), then upload the copy from my hard drive again to edit it. If I screw up, I rename the one I tried to modify by adding .dumb at the end and take the .orig off the original and presto, everything is working again. It's minimum downtime if I do mess something up since I'm always tweaking my live stores.

I'm with you, Comment tags <!-- x --> shouldn't be used for anything but inert commentary. Unfortunately, HTML3 (and maybe HTML4) does not have anything else that is extremely convenient that one can use for pre-processing regions of HTML code.

To be fair, the skin files are of filetype TPL which just so happens to contain mainly HTML. But strictly speaking, the files are not "final" HTML code, and the XTemplate system strips those comment tags out during processing.

If I recall correctly, Frontpage Extensions used them to control generating pages (Old Timers, remember those?) as well as ColdFusion, DreamWeaver, and a myriad of other applications - including the XTemplate system which CC uses. (The XTemplate system can use other block delimiters, by the way.)