register and buy button not working!

Guest grizbear

Guest grizbear

Hi,

I have v3 and after install all works. I have setup products and all the rest.

Now only what I need is for the clients to register and login.

Only in register it will not save and continue.

When on the product page it will do nothing when clicking on the buy button...

Please help. I have read all the other postes but no one address this problem....

Thanks a kajillion to everyone.....

Grizzli Bear

The League of Extraordinary Greyhounds - the adoption Squad

t-legs.com/cube

Guest grizbear

The Register screen uses a javascript verifier subroutine, submitDoc(). So does the Buy button on the view product page.

Do you have any browser add-on, anti-virus, etc, that affects javascript?

Not that I can see. I have tried it on several different machines, all the same results.

Guest grizbear

Everything but the buy buttons seem to work fine in firefox. Did you alter the skin?

No! I only changed the logo.....nothing else!

The same is with the registration button...you fill everything in and that's where she stops....nothing.

it is very odd that these two wil;l not work and I get no error messages either.

Guest grizbear

OK in the meantime, I have installed a second store see: www.t-legs.com/cube2 and it has the same problem.

in Firefox And IE..Now what? I am lost......

I had this program working smoothly on another pooter....so I don't understand why this one is so much of a problem?

And before you say use the other pooter, sorry my HD crashed big time....that is why I am doing this allover again.....

Thanks a kajillion Guys......!!

Klaus

Also I have tried it different browsers.. same story....nothing

Looking at the javascript file, its missing some functions... The main problem is the "addtobasket" function is not there. This is used on the viewproduct and viewcategory pages...

Suggest you re-upload the javascript file, and ensure you can view the "addtobasket" function.

Jason

Guest grizbear

Also I have tried it different browsers.. same story....nothing

Looking at the javascript file, its missing some functions... The main problem is the "addtobasket" function is not there. This is used on the viewproduct and viewcategory pages...

Suggest you re-upload the javascript file, and ensure you can view the "addtobasket" function.

Jason

OK, only which java file there a few all over the place......

Klaus

In the file \skins\Killer\styleTemplates\content\viewCat.tpl, at around line 40, within that line you might see this (1):

href="java script:submitDoc('prod{PRODUCT_ID}');"

If you see this (2):
href="java script:submitDoc(''prod{PRODUCT_ID}'');"

then you may have a version of CC not up to date (I don't know, actually).

Note that the first code snippet has single quotes (apostrophes) while the second has double apostrophes (not good in javascript).

Your code has snippet (2). Using Firebug, I was able to change it to look like snippet (1) and the Buy button fired the javascript successfully.

1. Are you running CC 3.0.20?

2. Do you see snippet (1) or snippet (2)?

If snippet two, make it look like snippet one. Do the same checks for the file \skins\Killer\styleTemplates\content\reg.tpl at around line 98 and viewProd.tpl at around line 65. And the file boxes/language.tpl at around line 4 and 6.

Something must have really clobbered your TPL files, or is having them clobbered on some sort of post-processing as it seems that every javascript call is doubling the single apostrophes enclosing the text parameters. This is either:

1. A corrupted (or out of date) skin, or

2. Your (host's) server, apache module, php processor, or whatever is doing bad things.

If you are not running 3.0.20, consider upgrading.