Search for "or" returns SQL errors

Guest Joff

I can't find any mention of this bug but I've discovered it across a number of CubeCart store versions from 4.2.3 up to 4.4.2

Has anyone come across this before and resolved it?

In 4.4.2

1139: Got error 'empty (sub)expression' from regexp

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.*, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_category AS C WHERE (I.name RLIKE '' OR I.description RLIKE '' OR I.productCode RLIKE '') AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY name ASC

In 4.3.3 and earlier

1054: Unknown column 'O' in 'where clause'

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.*, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_category AS C WHERE O AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY name ASC

If anyone's reading this, can you please try the search on your own stores and let me know if you're also affected?

I too am receiving this error. Interesting... Have you logged a bug?

Not yet, I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me going mad!

• 1 month later...

I can't find any mention of this bug but I've discovered it across a number of CubeCart store versions from 4.2.3 up to 4.4.2

Has anyone come across this before and resolved it?

In 4.4.2

1139: Got error 'empty (sub)expression' from regexp

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.*, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_category AS C WHERE (I.name RLIKE '' OR I.description RLIKE '' OR I.productCode RLIKE '') AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY name ASC

In 4.3.3 and earlier

1054: Unknown column 'O' in 'where clause'

SELECT DISTINCT(I.productId), I.*, I.name AS SearchScore FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I, CubeCart_category AS C WHERE O AND C.cat_id > 0 AND C.cat_id = I.cat_id AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) AND I.disabled = '0' ORDER BY name ASC

put this in the search form too ' it is straight quote mark/apostrophe, the sql error will show

Yeah, I'm getting this too.

Not in mine, I think it's been resolved by 4.4.2. Also, the original bug I posted above was fixed by following Technocrat's solution: http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=2228

Yeah, I'm getting this too.

Not in mine, I think it's been resolved by 4.4.2. Also, the original bug I posted above was fixed by following Technocrat's solution: http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=2228

I have change the code and it works perfect, the sql not error again to search for "or", but if search special character ' (apostrophe) the sql error still shown in CC 4.4.2.