Criticize me

Guest dcbchess

Hi everyone,

I started a website called Deluxe Chess Boards. I welcome any critique to improve my website. Customers spend a lot of time on my site, but I am not getting enough sales, any advice?

Thanks,

Tomasz

Well, the biggest thing I see off hand if I were interested in buying, is that you only show an email address for contact information. No address, no mention of where the items ship from, no phone number that I could find. That would turn me off ordering anything.

Hi everyone,

I started a website called Deluxe Chess Boards. I welcome any critique to improve my website. Customers spend a lot of time on my site, but I am not getting enough sales, any advice?

Thanks,

Tomasz

Hi your traffic rank is good you could use a different skin Its about creditability. You could try a web comparison site like shopzilla or shopping.com also try and promote your site with a market stale and promotion banners and also flyers which does not cost much. try and link up to other web sites. Also try pay as you click on Google but this can cost more than your sales. Its has ssl which is good but after looking at your site but not sure what you pay with on main page, I see only google checkout after the purchace. hope this may help a little johnc valjc limited

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trufinance

its a good site, it gets straight to the point. I do think the layout is a bit too narrow and deprives you of too much space. Also adding your trading address and telephone improves trust in your customers!

Please find someone who fancies themself to be a copywriter. The two sentence mission statement, "We specialize..." can use some pizazz and grammar checking. Have the copywriter proof your product descriptions as well.

If you do not plan to have product descriptions in other languages, then remove the currency and language selectors.

No doubt whoever created the skin worked very hard, but it's inelegant and betrays the class and stylishness of the products you are selling.

The images are ho-hum. They look like mug shots. Take a look at Shutterstock image #21582040. Brightly lit, perspective, activity. Invest in a multi-image thumbnail rollover enlarged view kind of mod. Look at Magic Toolbox's Magic Thumb. Your main image should be the dynamic image of the whole piece, with the detail shots as extra images (brightly lit, of course).

Unfortunately, if you are just a reseller (drop-shipper) and have no control over the images of the products you sell, I would encourage you to talk to your wholesaler/manufacturer.

Replace the chalkboard grey background with images of exquisite, highly polished wood and the color of the left column to an image of marble. See Shutterstock images 15763309, 15428008, and 51498043.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mookamoo

I would agree with the images - they need to more 'Deluxe'. Even the enlarge image option doesn't show the products off every well.

Easy to navigate though

Please find someone who fancies themself to be a copywriter. The two sentence mission statement, "We specialize..." can use some pizazz and grammar checking. Have the copywriter proof your product descriptions as well.

If you do not plan to have product descriptions in other languages, then remove the currency and language selectors.

No doubt whoever created the skin worked very hard, but it's inelegant and betrays the class and stylishness of the products you are selling.

The images are ho-hum. They look like mug shots. Take a look at Shutterstock image #21582040. Brightly lit, perspective, activity. Invest in a multi-image thumbnail rollover enlarged view kind of mod. Look at Magic Toolbox's Magic Thumb. Your main image should be the dynamic image of the whole piece, with the detail shots as extra images (brightly lit, of course).

Unfortunately, if you are just a reseller (drop-shipper) and have no control over the images of the products you sell, I would encourage you to talk to your wholesaler/manufacturer.

Replace the chalkboard grey background with images of exquisite, highly polished wood and the color of the left column to an image of marble. See Shutterstock images 15763309, 15428008, and 51498043.