product won't add to shopping cart? where to look?

Merm

I had posted this somewhere else on the forum but just deleted and added here.. hopefully someone can help me

I just had my first customer try to add a sterling silver medical charm to her cart, but it didn't show up. I verified it happens on my end too. For all of the other charms under that tab, you can add products to the cart. It must be some misplaced comma or such, but I have no clue where that information is held?

Estelle installed the text input fields for me and I have an email in to her, but wondering if it is something I can correct myself. Very discouraging my first customer and she just so happens to order the one item that isn't working. Bummer

Thanks in advance

oh http://www.mermaidsseajewels.com

AH HA!! i read back in time and found out another person had a somewhat similar problem, but theres was if there was no product options. LIght bulb, I had just added an option to the one that wasn't working. Sure enough, it is now okay.

If anyone else has a similar problem you might want to check that.

and if anyone knows WHY that could be an issue, it would be great to know.!!!

Edited by Merm

• 9 months later...

How can I set up a shopping cart on my site that limits how much of a particular item gets sold? For example, let's say I am selling tickets to an event, but only can sell 24 tickets, how an I set it up so that once all 24 are sold, it no longer allows anyone to purchase and I don't have to do anything? I haven't seen an option like this on paypal.

Cubecart will do that by default. Just make sure in general settings you have "Allow out of stock purchases" set to No and when you add an item, use stock level and put in how many you have in stock. When you reach 0, cubecart will not allow it to be bought.