CubeCart Solution Partners

Al Brookbanks

The following information concerns the upcoming "Solution Partners" section of our new website that will be launched with the release of CubeCart version 5. Please note that we are not taking any applications yet but will be approximately a month before "5.0.0 Final".

Our solution partner program is aimed at creative design/development agencies and individuals that work to create professional customized CubeCart stores. They will have an advanced technical understanding and strong track record of development with CubeCart.

Those eligible to join as partners will be selected based around the following criteria.

• A strong portfolio of existing CubeCart stores.
  • Company information e.g. Year of registration, employees, turnover, etc...
  • A level of involvement in our CubeCart v5 public beta by reporting / solving bugs. (Not essential)

Our solution partners will benefit from a great deal of publicity via the partners section of the new website which will generate new business. Each solution provider will be reviewed annually for renewal and will receive a "click to verify" certified partner badge to display on their website.

Please post any question you may have by replying to this topic post.

*This eligibility criteria is subject to change based on feedback*

Guest dijitul media

Awesome idea, however I'd put a staron the cubecart designed stores.

Colour changes and image changes on KitaBlue for example don't count, propper, modified themes should count.

Though saying that theres also a large amount of "Skinners" that charge £65-£75 for a theme that looks like total dogmuck.

Properly, fully vetted companies and individuals is a good idea, it would certainly keep people from getting ripped off elsewhere, and by using a vendor certified by CubeCart.com would help keep CubeCarts name in good standing.

I would say that people need to reapply yearly and pay a small admin fee too, I think "Certified Design Partner" and "Certified Developer / Modder Partner" could work too, with a badge, and a badge for both if you fit it - so people know who's a "Designer" and who's a "Developer".

Also will there be any form of integration of this with CCForums.org?

@dijitul media - I agree with your comments. Mod/skin stores will not be eligible as solution partners as they will remain in the hands of cubecartforums.org as they are right now. An anual membership cost could be a part of the process to filter out those that are serious. We would expect that company info/portfolio should be enough to ensure we get quality partners.

Guest dijitul media

@dijitul media - I agree with your comments. Mod/skin stores will not be eligible as solution partners as they will remain in the hands of cubecartforums.org as they are right now. An anual membership cost could be a part of the process to filter out those that are serious. We would expect that company info/portfolio should be enough to ensure we get quality partners.

Yeah Al, well when you think about it, people are basically advertising on CubeCart.com and getting Quality leads, suppose X price year one and the a 50% discount for any company that re-applies again.

As an example: £100 for the first year say and then £50/year thereafter to pay for the vetting procedure and admin of adding them back on (though if you got people to re-apply a month before expiring you could avoid that).

I'm going to test you now aswell and say hows about a rating system and any "Partner" that consistently gets bad reviews gets re-reviewed and potentially removed?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "they will remain in the hands of cubecartforums.org". I am a member of cubecartforums.org and my mod store is not in the hands of cubecartforums.org. I am not their agent nor do they own, manage or control my mod store in any way.

I have been providing custom cubecart based solutions to customers since 2004 and although I am not an "end-to-end" solutions provider my custom programmed solutions enhance thousands of stores. Some via mods, and some via custom work that I've done.

while I agree that you shouldn't include every tom, dick or harry as a solutions partner, I strongly disagree that you should dissmiss mod/skin store owner without review. that just wouldn't be fair.

One of the very things that made cubecart such a popular and powerful ecommerce solution is it's simplicity and ease of modification and customization. Al, I think you owe a debt of gratitude to all of us modders who made the great success of cubecart possible.