Audio Preview Player button in place of image

Guest YoPoMusic

Guest YoPoMusic

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone knows how to, or has managed to install an audio player to replace the image in the list of products within categories or from search results.

NOT just a player with the full product details but in the list within categories.

I have a site that I am looking for someone to rebuild with Cubecart (www.yopo.co.uk) and want to find out if it's possible to do.

Ideally when adding a product there would be a new field within admin to point to the preview file to play the preview audio - and some kind of simple flash audio player button for customers to preview the tracks. Starting one player needs to stop a previous instance playing.

Any ideas? Or suggestions as to who might be able to do this?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

CubeCart can work with Digital Downloads, and there is no technical reason why there will be a problem in getting this running.

The flashplayers I've looked at in the past mainly use an XML based playlist system (or a simple parameter based system for single tracks).

Code can be created to create the XML playlist "on the fly", some other tricks can be done to possibly eliminate the need for separate "preview" files.

However, this forum is for the discussion of the unmodified code - and this work is reasonably tricky, so I would suggest looking for an experienced developer to help.

Jason