Step 4 Installation Error

Guest JoeAlonso

Guest JoeAlonso

I'm hoping someone could help me, I'm trying to install Cubecart v4. I have carried out the compact-test.php instruction with the everything working fine as it seems. I then go to the installation part where I'm having problems with the MySql part of the installation receiving the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ffstore'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /content/HostingPlus/f/r/frontlightflooring.com/web/store/classes/db/db.php on line 45

Access denied for user 'ffstore'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have checked all the necessary passwords, database names and they are correct so was hoping you experienced lot could help a man, a frustrated man in need?

Guest JoeAlonso

Have you checked the correct username, most times it should be entered like so "yourdatabasename_user"

That doesn't work either, I originally used my username as 'ffstore' and then have tried 'frontlight_ffstore' but still comes up with the above error.

Guest JoeAlonso

Are you using the root password or have you created a new user for the database, if you did the latter have you granted full permissions?

Yes full permissions have been granted.