Out of Stock Items

Caly Aly

I received an email from a customer who said that they could see an out of stock item even though I have the'Out of Stock' notice configured to 'Off or Don't Show'. I think this would happen under the category "customers who bought this, also bought this...", but I don't want old, discontinued products to be appearing on the web site in any form.

Is there any way we can prevent old products from appearing anywhere on the live web site?

Disable the product, or just delete it if it's old.

Hello,

Hope all is well.

Gave my client the details on deleting the product item off the system but they insisted that they don't want to have to delete products from the system, in case the item comes back into stock as they may wish to resurrect the item quickly. Is there something else we can do to ensure that this product won't appear through the suggestive facility?

Many thanks in advance.

Alison

As indicated above, rather than deleting them, just "disable" them...

disableproduct.jpg

Then they won't appear in categories, and won't appear in the "customers also bought" section...

Then if they come back into stock you just re-enable them...

But as "LastWolf" says, your customers can't see that that great product as currently sold out...

I tend to leave mine on display, and annotate the product listing with a "sold out" jpg image that matches my shops font and try and give the customer an idea of availability, and also link to any alternative products -

outofstock.jpg