Disable only the e-commerce / sales portion of a CubeCart store

Guest bluesphee

Guest bluesphee

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to disable ONLY the e-commerce portion of a CubeCart 4 store? I know in the admin section you can turn the store off, but that disables the entire website. The reason I'm looking to do this is because my client would like to launch the informational part of the website for now and once they get their inventory built up launch the e-commerce portion. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to disable ONLY the e-commerce portion of a CubeCart 4 store? I know in the admin section you can turn the store off, but that disables the entire website. The reason I'm looking to do this is because my client would like to launch the informational part of the website for now and once they get their inventory built up launch the e-commerce portion. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

There is no easy (ie, in admin) way to do this.

There used to be a mod to turn the site into a cataloug site (ie, remove "Buy" buttons etc)

This will be over at cubecartforums.org

Other ways would be to remove the category, search and session boxes from the template file before you go "live" with the initial site. This would simply leave the homepage and sitedocs.

You'll need to do this yourself (or find someone to do it for you) - either way, its best to discuss what you need over at cubecartforums.org

Jason