website size resolution help how

Guest dazzs

Hello

Im in the process of creating a store, www.repairthatwatch.com however the store looks to small to me, how can I make this a bigger site overall ? Is this possible with cubecart?

Thanks for any help

Dal

Hello

Im in the process of creating a store, www.repairthatwatch.com however the store looks to small to me, how can I make this a bigger site overall ? Is this possible with cubecart?

Thanks for any help

Dal

no one?

Posted Today, 02:58 PM

Posted Today, 05:56 PM

3hrs?

Patience is a virtue. This is a peer-to-peer forum, so any support is from other users.

Looks fine on my small netbook here, but I can see that this will be a problem on higher resolution screens.

You could expand the template to be a bit wider, but still fit to 1024px wide screens without horizontal scrollbars.

If you consider the BBC website (www.bbc.co.uk) one of the worlds most popular websites. This has a fixed width that is essentially 974px wide.

It is possible to have a variable width display - I personally don't like these too much as they make alignment difficult.

If you decide to target displays over 1024px only, you'll effectivly lose those users - they won't use your site.

What ever you decide, you will need to edit the template CSS files;

http://repairthatwatch.com/skins/Classic/styleSheets/layout.css

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

and

.colMid {

position: relative;

width: 403px;

float: left;

}

So, if you add 100px to the pageSurround width, you can add 100px to the colMid width.

Back-up your store before making any changes.

Jason

Hello

Thanks for any help

Dal

no one?

For a service faster than 3 hours, you can always hire a cubecart developer at cubecartforums.org.

Many thanks Jason for your informative reply

Sorry about bumping the thread was just eager to get on, did not mean to break any rules

No worries, its just forum etiquette.

Bump the thread after a few days if you get no replies, but not after a few hours unless you're actually paying for support.

Anyway, I hope my post pointed you in the right direction.

Jason