MySQL error when viewing cart containing products with options

Guest Joff

This has just been reported by a client using 4.3.3, does anyone know if it's been resolved in later versions?

When a product with an option is added to the cart, and then the cart is viewed we get the following error:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@697' at line 1

SELECT T.* FROM CubeCart_options_top AS T WHERE T.option_id = 1@697

Has anyone else experienced this before?

See: http://bugs.cubecart.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=1550

The delimiter for exploding on the product options string (don't ask me why it was designed this way) was changed from: @ to {@} and from | to {|}.

You need to ensure that the delimiters are consistent throughout. If the delimiter is set to @, try changing it to {@}. Also, try doing the same for the other delimiter (i.e. the pipe).

I forget exactly in which file this is set. It might be the cart class??

Hope this points you in the right direction.

See: http://bugs.cubecart.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=1550

The delimiter for exploding on the product options string (don't ask me why it was designed this way) was changed from: @ to {@} and from | to {|}.

You need to ensure that the delimiters are consistent throughout. If the delimiter is set to @, try changing it to {@}. Also, try doing the same for the other delimiter (i.e. the pipe).

I forget exactly in which file this is set. It might be the cart class??

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Cheers Homar, I spotted that in cart.inc.php so I'll see what changing it there does.

I suppose changing it from @ to {@} makes the delimiter a bit more unique should the string contain those characters already but as we're exploding ID's in this instance I agree it's probably a bit excessive.