Using a thirdparty API

jerseyjoe

I have a new restaurant client. I believe CC is perfect as it is, with just a few mods. I've had good success using CC3 (with PayPal gateway) to send orders as email to the cashier desk's laptop and a simultaneous fax to the kitchen.

But my client disagrees for reasons I just don't understand.

He wants orders for catering, delivery and pickup to be sent to a 3rd party who will process the card payment, validate the account and then send him the order as a fax. He then will fill the order.

The 3rd party is offering an API for linking a web site to their service. I'm in over my head on that.

If someone here is experienced with an API like this, please PM me?

That's a clear explanation of what the task is. Thank you.

In developing my Automated Recurring Billing (Authorize.net TM) payment gateway, I came to understand in sufficient detail how to work with that gateway (and Authorize.net AIM). So, I would like to examine the API offered by the "3rd Party".

Joe - I've PMed earlier today asking for the API specification, this will be needed. If its a popular service then a commercial mod could be created (rather than a bespoke 1-off bit of work for your client)

However, this forum is not the place to request 3rd party assistance - please ask over at CubeCartForums.org