Incl in latest prod - default to No?

Hi Josh

Open admin > sources > products > index.inc.php and find this block of code

<select name="showFeatured" class="textbox">

<option value="1" <?php if(isset($results[0]['showFeatured']) && $results[0]['showFeatured']==1) echo 'selected="selected"'; ?>><?php echo $lang['admin_common']['yes'];?></option>

<option value="0" <?php if(isset($results[0]['showFeatured']) && $results[0]['showFeatured']==0) echo 'selected="selected"'; ?>><?php echo $lang['admin_common']['no'];?></option>

</select>

and change it to this

<select name="showFeatured" class="textbox">

<option value="0" <?php if(isset($results[0]['showFeatured']) && $results[0]['showFeatured']==0) echo 'selected="selected"'; ?>><?php echo $lang['admin_common']['no'];?></option>

<option value="1" <?php if(isset($results[0]['showFeatured']) && $results[0]['showFeatured']==1) echo 'selected="selected"'; ?>><?php echo $lang['admin_common']['yes'];?></option>

</select>

Now when you add a new product, the default should now be 'No'

Hope that helps

Lee

Lee,

Good to hear from you again. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get that to work. I tried copying and pasting your new text to replace those lines, but all that did was cause there to be no options under "Include in latest prods". I tried that twice. Then I tried flipping the two main lines' position, i.e. I cut the bottom one and pasted it over the top one, but that didn't work either. While it showed "No" by default, clicking "Yes" produced no effect. Then I tried editing the two lines so that wherever they differed (i.e. if one line had a '1' while the other had a '0') I switched them out. That also showed "No" by default, but clicking "Yes" produced no effect. Now despite reverting back to my original, backed-up 'index.inc.php', the "Include in latest prods" dropdown only works for prods already entered into the store, and doesn't work for new ones.

Any ideas on what's going on with CubeCart?

-Josh

Lee,

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are THE MAN!!

I just figured out why it wasn't working for new products I was adding: I was forgetting to change the category from Test Category, and since I can't delete that thing I have it hidden, so of course when I changed it to Yes it didn't show up! Arrgh!!!

By the way, are you a Commercial Contributor? I've put a request for a simple shipping mod at http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=14255. Are you capable of that sort of programming?

-Josh