Next page function not working

PDMP Webmaster

Hi all,

Please see my customer's store here. I currently have it set to display 1,000 products per page, but previously when it was set to 10 products per page, when I entered the 11th print for a category, the next page link would take me back to the homepage. I've seen other threads where the next page link would cause the current page to refresh, but that's not what I experienced. It does seem to be a problem with the search engine friendly URL thing, since when I turned that off it did work. When I tried the "Apache RewriteRule" option I got a 'Page not found' error when clicking on a product, so I've been using "Apache directory 'lookback'", which works but seems to be causing a problem with the next page link.

In case this helps, my .htaccess just has the following line:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php4

Which if I remember correctly was from the hosting company to make it PHP5.x instead of 4.x, which was giving me trouble when I first installed this thing (that was a few months ago). I tried adding the text CubeCart gives you for the "Apache RewriteRule" option even while using "Apache directory 'lookback'" but that didn't work (I saw that in another thread). I'm running CubeCart 4.4.2. If you'd like me to set it to 10 products per page for you to test it out, let me know and I'll let my customer know.

-Josh

Josh,

your .htaccess should contact the information listed in the admin area. There is a text box at the end of "general settings", and you should copy & paste this into your .htaccess file.

Once this is done, then enable the friendly URL feature (not the loopback)

I'm not sure why next page link would fail, but get the above working. Its been a whilst since PHP5 was released, and you may not need to explicitly set the handler (as in your single line)

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for replying to my post. I've done exactly what you said but it didn't work. Before purchasing the full version of CubeCart and installing it on my customer's web site, I first installed the trial version on my web site and was able to get "Apache RewriteRule" working, so I think it's simply a difference in hosting companies, not operator error. On my customer's web site when I had the lines from the Admin module in my .htaccess with "Apache RewriteRule" enabled, I got a 404 Not Found error whenever clicking on a product, so per the admin module's instructions I switched to Lookback, which works but causes the next page error. If you have any further suggestions as to how to get Rewrite working I am certainly all ears.

-Josh