VERY Slow Cart to Payment Transition

Guest RCHeliGuy

Guest RCHeliGuy

Hey folks, I need a little help here....

While my cart is working - I'm have a small but VERY annoying issue.

It takes FOREVER for the CHECKOUT screen to transition to the PAYMENT screen. The hand-off to my PayPal gateway (my only payment option) from that screen is very fast.

I installed the Quick Checkout Mod to see if it would rectify this (was going to anyway) - alas - no dice. It still takes it's sweet arsed time making the transition between the CHECKOUT and PAYMENT screen. The order is showing up in my admin panel fairly quickly as PENDING ... so I'm not sure what's holding it up.

If I back out and click VIEW CART .. it then takes forever to load the cart. I suspect it might have something to do with my SQL database. I ran the checker and it came back ok?

My site runs quickly otherwise, with no other issues.... I have less than 200 items in inventory.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Guest RCHeliGuy

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Can you share the URL?

www.rchelicanada.com

The store is not running yet, so the store is closed ... I just opened the site temporarily. There is an item called "TEST" under "Chargers and Tools" that you can try working with. Everything else is a 0 inventory.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff.

Guest RCHeliGuy

Problem solved.... cart was hanging for 30-60 seconds between the Check Out and Payment Options screen.

Solution had to do with SMTP server settings in the Admin Control Panel. See this link: