PayPal Direct Payment: Only American Address Format?

Guest EwenC

Hi,

I have CubeCart 3 installation running a UK shop aimed primarily at UK customers. I'm trying to get the payment side of things working and am currently debugging the PayPal Direct Payment bit of it. This is sitting in an SSL are (our own certificate, which is AOK). Annoyingly, it insists on displaying an American address format, complete with a list of states to choose from in a select box.

Apart from being inappropriate for a UK store, and so appearing amateur to say the least, I think it's possibly also causing card validation to fail as it comes back with the Your Order Failed error. Certs are OK. of course, there's no logging to try and see why it failed...

Boy am I going off CubeCart rapidly.

That aside, can anybody tell me how to get rid of this stupid stupid assumption that the store's American? Sales tax too - not in the UK, but can I get rid of it? No!

Help much appreciated please!

Hi,

I have CubeCart 3 installation running a UK shop aimed primarily at UK customers. I'm trying to get the payment side of things working and am currently debugging the PayPal Direct Payment bit of it. This is sitting in an SSL are (our own certificate, which is AOK). Annoyingly, it insists on displaying an American address format, complete with a list of states to choose from in a select box.

Apart from being inappropriate for a UK store, and so appearing amateur to say the least, I think it's possibly also causing card validation to fail as it comes back with the Your Order Failed error. Certs are OK. of course, there's no logging to try and see why it failed...

Boy am I going off CubeCart rapidly.

That aside, can anybody tell me how to get rid of this stupid stupid assumption that the store's American? Sales tax too - not in the UK, but can I get rid of it? No!

Help much appreciated please!

Most of the front-end (and back-end) phrases can be changed in the language settings. Will not change your US styled date in PayPal, but if you're seeing "zip" / "cell phone" etc, then the language section in admin is the place to start tweaking.

In CC3, I had a nicer language file that "fixed" most of this, but CC4 works in a different way.

Fixing the US date in Direct Payment may be possible, but will require looking at the PHP code and working out the best way to fix it. If you navigate (via FTP) to the module code /modules/gateway/ you may be able to see whats going on.

I'm not that familar with PayPal DirectPayment, but do understand the payment is made on your site (as opposed to traditional PayPal where its on their site), and so this should be fixable.

I'm sorry I can't help more, but a URL would help.

Jason