mod store almost done

Guest OskMedia

Guest OskMedia

mod store almost done this domain company is about ready to release my domain oskmedia.com but for now it has to be on another subdomain of mine, here it is should be open in 4-5 days. Mod Store keeping it very simple, and no thats not cube cart i ma using on there its somehting different, cubecart is to big for this, i will show demo 's of every mod etc etc , but yep. -------OskMedia

Guest OskMedia

did i mention everything is instant people pay and they get mod that very second, well after payment is confirmed with paypal stormpay i kobo all those with IPN, so you could buy now and in 2 minutes have your mod, i think this marks a new era in mod retrieval, ohhhhh amd the bad news all mods will be encrypted :D yep to many stealers and all that, cough coupon mod cough its not gonna be a real good encryter i am using a simple free one, it could be cracked if yoiu know alot, actually alot alot, and i was thinking you know people might be mad, well no they won't they want the mod, and i am selling them the mod, not the permission to change it and re sell it :lol: anyways im out -------OskMedia

I would think that if I buy a mod, I should be able to use it how I like. If you have it encrypted so that I can't make it do what I need to do, then why would I buy it? Everything I have purchased so far has been modified at least a little bit, to fit my purposes...

Think of it this way, if you weren't able to modify cubecart, would you use it?

Guest twisted

and no thats not cube cart i ma using on there its somehting different

Then it shouldn;t be here.

This section is titled "Show Off" and is designed for people to show off their CUBECART stores.

If its not cubecart, then it doesn't belong here.

well put booker.. plus is people are still going to be able to send it to people anyways.. someone could buy a encrypted mod and pass it on as easily as a non-encrypted one..

::cough:: -coupon mod?- ::cough:: dont talk about things you know nothing about file compare programs will prove that my coupon mod is 100% different code then anyone else... even QD's

just because someone puts out a mod that has similar GUI says nothing about the code..

but this was settled between me and qd a while ago.. so i shouldnt even bring this up anymore.. i have nothing to prove.

Tony~!

i think this marks a new era in mod retrieval

umm.... i dont think you're the first person to ever use an IPN.

oh, and did anyone else run out of breath by the end of reading that one looooong sentence? Sorry Josh, not trying to have a crack at you, but i found this cool thing called a full stop.

Guest OskMedia

ohh twisted its estore lol , i wanted ot use something simple and quick since i was totally renovating the code, maybe you other guys are not familiar with the way encrytion works, when you install the mod it checks a security key, if thats already been used on someone's thing it won't work, i think code is just as valuable as movies music etc. I didn't say anything about you and the coupon mod i actually helped you in another post saying yours was better lol, but oh well ok many sites can use ipn, thats for alot of stuff, but no one is to as of yet use it for digital download, well not to my knoledge. oh well be open soon, 1 more thing booker i don't care even if people could ive it on its the changing it and RE SELLING it what makes the prob, --------Josh

IMHO - it would still be just as easy to resell..

i have thought about this tons when i make mod.. what if people buy it, and send it to like 5 more people for $5 each.. but then i realize that what you pay for is what you get. when you buy a mod from me.. i include more tech support then code.. so if someone has my mod.. and never bought it from me.. i am not going to do any type of FREE support for them.. i would simple ask then for a small free for me to work on any of there code.. also with update,... if i update a mod of mine, anyone who has bought it in the past.. i will send them the updates for FREE

you are not going to ever be able to protect your code 100%.. i mean.. look at any program... Windows. haha.. Norton.. small FTP programs.. and all that.. there are copies of all the floating around in great numbers.

IMHO - encryping encourages people to resell, or all together not use your mods..

Tony~!

Guest OskMedia

true decided to stick with regular code, i will not offer installation with any mod casue each mod has a actuall install.php umm like cunecart so a dummy could figure it out, well i got it up and working i got 1 item up i am gonna put about 15-20 i am just testing all my ipn, i made the width for everything to be set to 100% caseu i got it as a pop up from main menu that sets the width, so i don't have to make it for a certian resolution eh i bascally took estore STRIPPED it and made it the lighest version of a shopping cart possible, making it search engine friendly :lol:

i got more stuff to do to it but yea,----------OskMedia

in my eyes, I wouldnt buy anything from there. Doesnt look professional, at all.

Thats my 2 cents.

Nav isnt good at all, dont make it a pop up.... 2/10 for effort :lol:

Guest twisted

many sites can use ipn, thats for alot of stuff, but no one is to as of yet use it for digital download,

Wrong...again

stijnj's download mod is for digital goods and uses ipn.

This section is titled "Show Off" and is designed for people to show off their CUBECART stores.

If its not cubecart, then it doesn't belong here.

100% correct

you know what is bothering me since a verry long time...

Brooky's forum turned in to an advertise for mods forum, wich is basicly my fault since I was the first who did a modshop.

I'm looking forward to the release of CC3 so that this advertising s**t will stop

happy holidays everyone :lol:

well thats the problem.. if you make mods.. how are you going to let people know about them?

what they need to do is put up a section that the modders can add their mod sites.. or links to each mod, with discriptions of your mod...

so people dont have to advertise on the forums.

oh well..

Tony~!