Using Cubecart For Vehicle Recovery Service

Guest paul50

Guest paul50

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up a website to provide a vehicle recovery breakdown service. I would like to be able to have a shopping cart similar to the theaa.com (based in the United Kingdom)You have a choice of 5 breakdown cover types to choose from. When you select one of the services it gives you the price and an option to either pay monthly instalments or pay the full amount and get it discounted if paid in one go. If you choose more options on top of the chosen service then it should add to the price. Once you have selected all of your options you should then have another choice to choose from 5 further options like vehicle cover only, cover for you or cover for two people etc. I'll be grateful if someone can advise me if cube cart will be able to do this and if there's a limit as to how many customers can be processed if they log on at the same time to sign up to the service. I will be using joomla 1.5 to build the website.

Regards

Paul

As you are asking a question about a different shopping cart integrated with Joomla it is extremely unlikely that you'll get an answer here - try the Joomla forums !

Putting together the solution that you mention in your post will be considerably more difficult than using CubeCart though which could do what you are looking to do

Regards

Ian

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up a website to provide a vehicle recovery breakdown service. I would like to be able to have a shopping cart similar to the theaa.com (based in the United Kingdom)You have a choice of 5 breakdown cover types to choose from. When you select one of the services it gives you the price and an option to either pay monthly instalments or pay the full amount and get it discounted if paid in one go. If you choose more options on top of the chosen service then it should add to the price. Once you have selected all of your options you should then have another choice to choose from 5 further options like vehicle cover only, cover for you or cover for two people etc. I'll be grateful if someone can advise me if the hika shop shopping cart (free version) will be able to do this and if there's a limit as to how many customers can be processed. I will be using joomla 1.5 to build the website.

Regards

Paul

Guest paul50

As you are asking a question about a different shopping cart integrated with Joomla it is extremely unlikely that you'll get an answer here - try the Joomla forums !

Putting together the solution that you mention in your post will be considerably more difficult than using CubeCart though which could do what you are looking to do

Regards

Ian

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up a website to provide a vehicle recovery breakdown service. I would like to be able to have a shopping cart similar to the theaa.com (based in the United Kingdom)You have a choice of 5 breakdown cover types to choose from. When you select one of the services it gives you the price and an option to either pay monthly instalments or pay the full amount and get it discounted if paid in one go. If you choose more options on top of the chosen service then it should add to the price. Once you have selected all of your options you should then have another choice to choose from 5 further options like vehicle cover only, cover for you or cover for two people etc. I'll be grateful if someone can advise me if cube cart will be able to do this and if there's a limit as to how many customers can be processed. I will be using joomla 1.5 to build the website.

Regards

Paul

Sorry for the confusion, the question was supposed to be about cube cart and not hikashop.

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up a website to provide a vehicle recovery breakdown service. I would like to be able to have a shopping cart similar to the theaa.com (based in the United Kingdom)You have a choice of 5 breakdown cover types to choose from. When you select one of the services it gives you the price and an option to either pay monthly instalments or pay the full amount and get it discounted if paid in one go. If you choose more options on top of the chosen service then it should add to the price. Once you have selected all of your options you should then have another choice to choose from 5 further options like vehicle cover only, cover for you or cover for two people etc. I'll be grateful if someone can advise me if cube cart will be able to do this and if there's a limit as to how many customers can be processed if they log on at the same time to sign up to the service. I will be using joomla 1.5 to build the website.

Regards

Paul

I'll assume you're not needing any integration with other systems (this can be done, but is not core to Cubecart).

So, each "cover type" would be a product, and have its own images/description.

The customer will select one of these (from the homepage?), and then will see the price, and the 5 options. These options can vary the price (or not), and when selected, are part of the order/product.

The customer will select the cover, add any options, and then proceed to checkout to pay.

Currently, there is no out-of-the-box payment system for instalments (but 3rd party mods do exist, depending on how they will pay you).

There is a high level of concurrent users, and this is really limited by your hosting. If this is a serious concern, then consider a dedicated server (as many concurrent customers will also mean high income and can justify a dedicated server)

So - the front-end party of the store will work fine, but you need to think about how you will take payment, and process the order into your system.

There are developers who can help, check out cubecartforums.org, to developers who are experienced in using CubeCart.

I'm not aware of a Joomla<>CubeCart integration. This is probably possible, but you really need to consider the need for either. If the main part of the business is in Joomla, then it may be easier to use a Joomla based Cart?

If you're using Joomla as a CMS for a few pages, then you may be able to do it all in CubeCart (which can also allow you to create custom pages).

I hope this helps,

Jason

Guest paul50

Hello Jason

Thank you for taking the time to reed my post and replying to it. You have the correct understanding as to how I would like the shopping cart to work. The reason why I'll be using joomla is because I've used it to build a website before so it would be easier for me to use it again. Having the option to receive monthly installments is to make it easier for customers to spread the costs so it will be more affordable as opposed to paying the full amount in one go. I will have a merchant account for receiving payments but I'm not sure if I will also need another company for the payment gateway or if having a merchant account will be enough alongside cube-cart. To begin with, the hosting will not be an issue because the company I use in America have very good servers and also provided dedicated ones should I need it. Since I'll be using Joomla to build the website I'm assuming they can't be intergrated together. If that is the case it will be disappointing as I've herad some good things about cube-cart and there was a very good chance that it could do what I need with a few tweaks. I've had a look at some of the joomla shopping carts but there doesn't seem to be anything that would be suitable apart from virtue-mart but I've not had any replies from the company or it's forum so it's likely that cart will not be suitable. If you have any other ideas I'll be grateful for some more advice.