Tell a friend removal-How to?

Digitally

Hi.

Yes those freakin spammers have got in and I would like to completely remove "Tell a Friend" from version 4.3. Can someone guide me through this? As I need all the help I can get :cry:

I have enabled spam flooding (after my host "suspended my account", then told me, thank you), but the password request also comes up when a customer places their order and its just another pain in the rear for them when all they want to do is spend money!

Thanks and regards.

Stephen.

Hi.

Yes those freakin spammers have got in and I would like to completely remove "Tell a Friend" from version 4.3. Can someone guide me through this? As I need all the help I can get :cry:

I have enabled spam flooding (after my host "suspended my account", then told me, thank you), but the password request also comes up when a customer places their order and its just another pain in the rear for them when all they want to do is spend money!

Thanks and regards.

Stephen.

Hi

This has been covered lots of times in these forums - the best way is to enable the spam flood protection - it was put into CC4 in several places for good reason !

However, if you do want to just remove the code for the Tell a Friend then this thread deals with it. Although it is a CC3 thread, the principles are the same for CC4

regards

Ian

Guest genecap

I had the same Spam problem at Host Gator. Even though theBot protection was on.

Here is what I did.

Deleted from server: includes\content\tellafriend.inc.php

From the Admin page: Languages - En - Front end Phrases - View Product - BLANKED out the text Tell a Friend

From skins\ (KitaBlue) / StyleTemplates\content\viewprod.tpl (I Deleted line 56)

Now no "bullet" or Tell a Friend text link on all products pages.

• 3 months later...

Hi genecap.

Thank you, eaxctly what I was looking for :yeahhh:

Me too, many thanks.

I don't trust recapcha to stop the issue, plus a problem with recapcha is it doesn't just apply to tellafriend, it forces people buying something to use it and it can be very frustrating. I sometimes give up on buying something after several attempts at reading those things.