Module path doesn't exist! Orders stucked at Pending

Antonw.com

I get following error: Module path doesn't exist!

After making an order with PayPal and they trying to go back to my website.

And the order status dosen't change from Pending.

CubeCart Version: 4.4.3

Entire Module/Gateway folder are set to: CHMOD 755

Primary PayPl email is used.

Any one got any clue what this could be??

By the way, when im using sandbox mode I do get around the error message but the order is still just pending..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having this exact same problem too!! Someone please help!

I get following error: Module path doesn't exist!

After making an order with PayPal and they trying to go back to my website.

And the order status dosen't change from Pending.

CubeCart Version: 4.4.3

Entire Module/Gateway folder are set to: CHMOD 755

Primary PayPl email is used.

Any one got any clue what this could be??

By the way, when im using sandbox mode I do get around the error message but the order is still just pending..

This is what URL I'm getting

www.shootbaby.com/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=process&module=PayPal&cart_order_id=110128-002141-9894

The page just says: "Module path doesn't exist!"

OK, that's weird when I copy and paste that URL into a new web page, it redirects me to the correct page (and the URL is slighty different, see below) and there's no error

www.shootbaby.com/index.php?_g=co&_a=confirmed&s=3&cart_order_id=110128-002141-9894

It takes me to my store page and says: "Thank you, your order has been placed. Payment may or may not have been taken yet. You can check the status of your order via 'Your Account'. You should also receive updates via email."

I just checked the order status again and it still says 'pending'...

kinderyum, We seem to have the exact same problem.

I also get the same URL after the purchase is complete and the error shows up. But when I refresh/copy and paste the URL I do get to the "complete page".

But the order is still "Pending".

I had a look at the the IPB messages in PayPal and all of them is saying "Retrying" is the same for you kinderyum?

As far as I know Cubecart now ignore the "IPN Notification URL", so it dosen't matter what you have typed there.

And since Cubecart overrides the PayPal "Return URL" it does not matter what you got here either.. correct me if im wrong.

The common thing we seem to have is multiply stores connected to the same PayPal account, could that have something to do with this error??

Yeah I have followed the instructions there, right now im using the default return URL for my other website...but that should not matter since cubecart 4 overrides this setting, right?

Btw is there any other folder then the gateway modules that have to be set to CHMOD 755 in order to get the Paypal / order status working?

This problem is driving me mad!

I submitted a support ticket and Milos got back to me saying that the store has to be turned on for the payment to work. Ok so when the store is turned on, the payment does result in 'processing' instead of 'pending' which is great, but I am still getting the page with "Module path doesn't exist!" on it after trying to return there after making the payment at paypal.

I tried the setup instructions you linked us to Rob and whilst trying to place another mock order I got this error when I went to pay for it "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/shootba1/public_html/modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php on line 67", so I've now reversed that change in the transfer.inc.php file and am just now waiting on another reply from milos (I emailed him back saying I'm still getting the "Module path doesn't exist!" error page)

I've got my IPN settings set to: Do not receive IPN messages (Disabled)

Here's the screenshots of what's happening on my end, in 4 steps, I emailed these through to Cubecart Support but thought I'd share here too. Cubecart Support said they've been unable to replicate the error.

5406075534_c16a121935_b.jpg

5406075724_7d135acda5_b.jpg

5406075908_098e3e6fbe_b.jpg

5406075336_e0305709aa_b.jpg

Guest Fodmonkey74

New guy here, I'm having the exact same problem. I get the "Module path doesn't exist." error every time. PayPal is the only gateway I have enabled. If I hit Enter and reload the website that cubecart spits out, I get a confirmation page but no order status changes. However the transfer of funds always occurs.

Since this issue is somewhat enigmatic, I hope you guys can find a fix soon because this is driving me up the wall. If I find anything that helps I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks guys.

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into this issue. What I can tell you is that this issue depends on the PayPal account being used during checkout. I expect you don't know but PayPal are unifying their products so that all their products checkout experience is the same. For example in the past the express checkout process was very different to paypal standard. This means the checkout process for one PayPal user may differ quite significantly from one to the other.

I had a meeting recently in PayPal's London HQ and they told me they are slowly updating customers PayPal accounts to their new checkout process. For this reason this issue only affects some PayPal customers.

Unfortunately none of our staff have been able to replicate this problem.

We are working on this and we will release a patch as and when we can. Thanks for your patience.

Just wanted to add that I just tried deleting one of my PayPal emails, so that I only have one but the problem still occurs. Al, do you know approxiamtely how long it might take to find the solution and build a patch? It's just that I'm waiting to open my store but can't until this issue is fixed. Thanks so much.

My contact at PayPal is away until next week. PayPal's Sandbox test environment still uses the old checkout process.

We have no means of being able to replicate this right now. Going on the screenshots alone it is possible to see that the customer is returned to the store with the correct URL variables for CubeCart to be able to find the path to the module.

The error is triggered by the file:

includes/remote/remote.inc.php

This has a block of code:

$modulePath = 'modules'.CC_DS.$_REQUEST['type'].CC_DS.sanitizeVar($_REQUEST['module']).CC_DS;

$module = fetchDbConfig($gatewayStatus[0]['folder']);

switch(sanitizeVar($_REQUEST['cmd'])) {

## Payment Gateway Callbacks

case 'call':

$moduleFullPath = $modulePath.'call.inc.php';

break;

## Process Payment

case 'process':

$moduleFullPath = $modulePath.'process.inc.php';

break;

}

if (file_exists($moduleFullPath)) {

require_once 'classes'.CC_DS.'cart'.CC_DS.'order.php';

$order = new order();

include_once $moduleFullPath;

} else {

die('Module path doesn\'t exist!');

}

This requires three variables from the URL, 'type', 'module' & 'cmd'. In the screenshot below these variables are all present and have a value. For this reason I am at a loss as to why this error is shown. Desperately need to replicate this issue to be able to fix it.

Guest Fodmonkey74

I don't know whether or not this bit of information will help but my PayPal gateway options are enabled to work on the store as far as I can tell (other than the errors, it's throwing back). However, I can't see the PayPal gateway option in the store's admin panel. Could this be part of the issue or something else entirely? (It's worth noting I also re-uploaded the entire "/public_html/shop/modules/gateway/PayPal" folder when these errors started occuring. So that could also be a factor.)

Of the code that is listed above, since it's obvious that somewhere along the way a test is returning false or the variable contents may not be what they are expected to be, would you be so kind as to edit this line of code to be as:

die('Module '. $moduleFullPath .' doesn\'t exist!');

As another test, please edit these lines of code to be as:

$moduleFullPath = CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS.$modulePath.'call.inc.php';

$moduleFullPath = CC_ROOT_DIR.CC_DS.$modulePath.'process.inc.php';

As a third test, try using is_file() instead of file_exists().

Please determine if Safe Mode is on. You may have to contact your hosting provider for that answer.

I don't know all that much about CC4, but these tests would certainly help me track down what is and is not working.