Give error when total is £0?

I'm using CubeCart for the booking area of my paintball website and I've put in text boxes for adults and children and the price is calculated depending on the values put in them boxes. This makes it possible to enter 0 in both boxes so the total comes to £0.

Is it possible to either:

Give the user an error and not letting them advance to the checkout when the total in the basket is £0.

or

Give an error message when they try adding the booking to the basket when one of the values is less than 1.

Thanks

I need this option too. but its unlikely either of us will find a solution here. I have all my product prices controlled purely through product options - and there is three variants to each product. The qauntity and the product variant is set by drop downs. So one product must might have 3 or 4 drop downs, all affecting the price. At least one of those must be set to raise the shopping cart value above zero, while allowing the customer to set any of the options to 'none'....

can it be done? I know there is a mod im not allowed to link to in cubecartforums (the 3rd part unrelated commercial mod / support forum) - but I *think* it will only cancel the checkput process if the overall total is less than a certain amount, ie. not individal products.

Do a search in google for ' cubecart mimimum order value for v4' in google and you should find it.

You would need something to force the selection of product options, this mod is available at cubecartforums.org.

Brian Smither very kindly helped me with a solution that relies on a 3rd party mod which dynamically updates the price depending on product options selected - this mod is developed by the same 3rd party mod developer hinted at above - do a search for dynamically update prices mod and you should find it. There is a slight t tweak which hides the checkout button until the value of the basket is above zero. I / he will post here or in cubecartforums.org if that is more appropriate when its been tested. While it works well - there is another problem - product options set to 'none' rather than a monetary value also get listed in the checkout - so this is the next step to eliminate that issue.

Dan.

I think a clarification is necessary: the slight tweak being developed (I think!) is to hide the "Add to Basket" button until the product's dynamically updated price is higher than zero ('zed' for you in the U.K.).

You're right sorry Brian - I wrote that reply when I was tired. The slight tweak to the commercial mod does indeed only show the add to basket button when the price is above zero.

I think a clarification is necessary: the slight tweak being developed (I think!) is to hide the "Add to Basket" button until the product's dynamically updated price is higher than zero ('zed' for you in the U.K.).

You're right sorry Brian - I wrote that reply when I was tired. The slight tweak to the commercial mod does indeed only show the add to basket button when the price is above zero.

The solution is posted on the cubecartforums.org website, do a search for 'Disable 'add to cart' button until at least one option is selected'.

Cheers,

Dan