Rearranging the Search Bos

Guest JeannieM

Guest JeannieM

If I center my Logo, it hides the word "Search" at the Search for: box. Is it possible to put the "Search for:" ABOVE the box? Or below, for that matter.

OR, is it also possible to have my Logo go all the way across the top? Make it longer?

If you have any better ideas or suggestions, hey, I'm open to hearing them!

Thanks! Jeannie

Guest JeannieM

If I center my Logo, it hides the word "Search" at the Search for: box. Is it possible to put the "Search for:" ABOVE the box? Or below, for that matter.

Yes it is possible. Here is a link to the template documentation. You just need to move things around.

Robsta,

I checked the documentation but it doesn't give specifics. Such as how to MOVE the words "Search for" to have it above the box.

I went to Index.tpl and cart.tpl but didn't see what I could do in either of those.

Should I do something in searchForm.tpl? Here it is below:

<!-- BEGIN: search_form -->

<form action="index.php" method="get">

<span class="txtSession"><strong>{LANG_SEARCH_FOR}</strong></span>

<input name="searchStr" type="text" class="searchBox" value="{SEARCHSTR}" size="20" />

<input type="hidden" name="_a" value="viewCat" />

<input name="Submit" type="submit" class="searchBtn" value="{LANG_GO}" />

<br /><a href="index.php?_a=search" class="txtLink" style="font-size: 9px;">{LANG_ADVANCED_SEARCH}</a>

</form>

<!-- END: search_form -->

I would appreciate any help you can give ...

Jeannie :innocent:

• 2 weeks later...

in searchForm.tpl

find this

and change to this

<span class="txtSession"><strong>{LANG_SEARCH_FOR}</strong></span> <br />

if this gives you the desired results (it ads a line break after the text forcing the input field to go under)

if it doesn't then you need more design help than we can give here and without knowing your site or its current design its really hard to help further besides the documentation robsta gave you the link for

Guest JeannieM

in searchForm.tpl

find this

and change to this

<span class="txtSession"><strong>{LANG_SEARCH_FOR}</strong></span> <br />

if this gives you the desired results (it ads a line break after the text forcing the input field to go under)

if it doesn't then you need more design help than we can give here and without knowing your site or its current design its really hard to help further besides the documentation robsta gave you the link for

Thank you kinetic! This did the trick.

Jeannie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JeannieM

Me again, I did some fooling around and now my SEARCH Box is to the left. I want it to the right. Can you help? I can't remember where I go to do this. Thank you.

www.RedSunJewelry.com