replacing category folder with text

I am building a web site www.history-in-pictures.co.uk and when you go into the categories. for example in Image Libraries, I want to change the Folder for text, ie a place name. I have tried to set these in Quark, then save them as pdf, then open in photoshop and save as jpeg. when placing the image into the catergory section cc, it does not show. but if I place a picture file saved as jpeg it shows. the text file only make about 6k in size

thanks

Phil

London

I may using CC4

If I understand correctly, you want an "image of text" instead of the actual text? And when you try to do this, the image of text does not show?

I've seen this happen before and (assuming you have made no mistakes in the CubeCart programming) the usual mistake is the images were created using a "CMYK Colorspace" instead of the only type browsers know about which is the "RGB Colorspace".

So, in Quark and/or Photoshop, be sure that the image colorspace is set to RGB.

If I understand correctly, you want an "image of text" instead of the actual text? And when you try to do this, the image of text does not show?

I've seen this happen before and (assuming you have made no mistakes in the CubeCart programming) the usual mistake is the images were created using a "CMYK Colorspace" instead of the only type browsers know about which is the "RGB Colorspace".

So, in Quark and/or Photoshop, be sure that the image colorspace is set to RGB.

You understand correctly, I have checked the setup and the jpeg is saved in RGB. I set the text in Quark and save as PDF and then open in Photoshop I then save for web as a jpeg format, the image shows in the edit category window/image optional box, so its there is just not showing in the live page on the site

Thanks

Try going to Rebuild & Recount > Update Image Database to see if that works. Also try clearing the cache to see if that makes any difference.

Lee

Lee

That makes no difference

Thanks

Can you give us an exact URL that shows (or not) the image that is missing? I went to the site but could not discern what might have been missing.

http://www.history-in-pictures.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=14

The topographical Folder should have been replaces with an image of text reading Topographical/Street Scene.

I have uploaded an image into the category paper and this image shows there, but is not showing on the page

Thanks

I now see what you are wanting to do. Unfortunately, I cannot decipher what the function imgPath() is attempting to do.

The first question is: is there, in fact, an image (example: topo.jpg for the 'topographical street scenes' category) in this directory:

/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_topo.jpg

If not, that needs to be looked into.

If so, then we need to find out why product thumbnails are displayed, but category thumbnails are not.

to replace the stock catnophoto.gif image with one of your own make the new icon and name it catnophoto.gif

and upload it to:

skins/YOUR_SKIN/styleImages/

if you want each category to have its own category icon make an icon whether .jpg or .gif

then in your stores admin click view Categories

then click the category you want to edit (or make a new one)

then use the function their to upload and add a category icon by browsing your computer

and uploading it directly and then save the category changes.

also check to see if any of your images that are uploaded have spaces in their name ( a no no)

or funky characters like $ # & * etc if so remove them and rename them

your server doesnt care nor does cubecart f the extension is jpg or jpeg pdf will however NEVER work

BONUS TIP make your category icons all the same size

BONUS TIP 2 Dont use Quark just use Photoshop

• 4 weeks later...

Well the problem was that the thumbnails were not being generated, that is now sorted so the problem has gone away

thanks you all for your comments and help

best regards

Phil

to replace the stock catnophoto.gif image with one of your own make the new icon and name it catnophoto.gif

and upload it to:

skins/YOUR_SKIN/styleImages/

if you want each category to have its own category icon make an icon whether .jpg or .gif

then in your stores admin click view Categories

then click the category you want to edit (or make a new one)

then use the function their to upload and add a category icon by browsing your computer

and uploading it directly and then save the category changes.

also check to see if any of your images that are uploaded have spaces in their name ( a no no)

or funky characters like $ # & * etc if so remove them and rename them

your server doesnt care nor does cubecart f the extension is jpg or jpeg pdf will however NEVER work

BONUS TIP make your category icons all the same size

BONUS TIP 2 Dont use Quark just use Photoshop