4.3.4 -> 4.4.4 replacing tweaked files

Guest Twiebie

Guest Twiebie

Hi,

I want to upgrade my current CubeCart version 4.3.4 to 4.4.4 but I have a few system files that have been modified because of third-party plugins.

The problem is that I cannot completely remember all the changes I made in the system files the last few months, so i'm wondering what the best way would be to upgrade my current version without it overwriting all of my tweaked core files.

If I recall correctly, on the previous upgrades there was a change-list which showed exactly the files that were updated, and that needed to be replaced for the upgrade.

Have I overlooked this list, or is there some clever way to sort this out?

Thanks!

Use an application called 'Beyond Compare', and compare all your current files with a shipped unchanged version (same version as you're currently using). You'll then get all the changes you've made, and can apply them to the new release.

Guest keithwjones

Use an application called 'Beyond Compare', and compare all your current files with a shipped unchanged version (same version as you're currently using). You'll then get all the changes you've made, and can apply them to the new release.

Robsta

Good info - I'm looking to go from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 - I have a couple of mods installed plus I've added boxes to the left and right columns but I have details of the exact changes that I have made and to which files.

Is there any point in me using 'Beyond Compare' or is it easier just to get on with it.

In fact most of changes are in the skin which has been renamed, so I think that the only thing to think about are the 2 mods.

Keith

• 6 months later...

I don't see that this is available for Mac. What other options are there? I just updated to 4.4.5 and need to get the modifications back to the store.

I don't see that this is available for Mac. What other options are there? I just updated to 4.4.5 and need to get the modifications back to the store.

In addition to the question I made. I don't have an unchanged vs of 4.4.3 to compare to to see what changes were made. Where do I get that from? Its not in the available downloads.

• 3 months later...