Help with background colour in killer skin please.

I would really appreciate anyones help with changing the background colour in the center section where the txt is added. I have searched and searched over the last couple of days and tried everyones suggestions to no avail no matter what i do i can not change the colour of the center section. My site is www.bbsballoons.co.uk/shop i tried adding background color to the body on the style sheets layout.css and if you look at the shop the white border aroynd the edge is what you get, i have tried putting a colour in the sub-surround and you get a white border further in on the template. I have managed to get the middle white but it then includes the boxs on the left and right and there surround also goes white and i want them to stay brown. Please please can someone help as this is now driving me mad. I have also done the alterations in the global.inc file and that does nothing. Have done a forced reload to see if it will show but still not showing. Hellllp needed before i pull my hair out.

Try in the file layout.css at around line 99 find this:

.boxContent {

add this line after:

background-color:#FFFFFF;

I can help you with other parts of your skin if you wish.

Hi thank you for your response, i have done what you said i it hasn't made any difference. I will accept any offers of help or advice as i could do with as much as i can get lol. I have never done this type of thing before but am determined that i will get it up and running and i hate to be beaten. Just so e times feels like you are going round in circles.

Thanks in advance.

There will be a number of folders in the "skins" folder. Each skin folder has the same subfolder names and names of files within those folders. Be sure you are searching for and editing the correct layout.css file.

I have also tried this as I am having the same problem, I cannot find more than one layout.css file in the killer skin, I am still finding the background is white behind my boxes and center column..my site is www.peacefulsilkworms.com.au/shop

To place a color behind just your side boxes and center column, in the file \skins\Killer\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl, find the <table> tag. After cellpadding="0", add this:

style="background-color:#EEEEFF;"

That will give you a light lavender background color.

To place a color behind just your side boxes and center column, in the file \skins\Killer\styleTemplates\global\index.tpl, find the <table> tag. After cellpadding="0", add this:

Thanks for this but i gave up with trying to change the colour and changed the skin instead to a different one.

Fantastic, it worked Thankyou! :)

• 1 month later...

Try in the file layout.css at around line 99 find this:

.boxContent {

add this line after:

background-color:#FFFFFF;

I can help you with other parts of your skin if you wish.

How does one change the colour of the background around and behind the centre column side bars and header?

Thanks

Irori

• 5 months later...
Guest ashsinha

Add graphic card in your system and than do that..You can also use power point or animation...There are many software available for free,all you need to is just download it and use..