Site hacked by spambot

Hi

My site has been hijacked by a spam bot using tellafriend.

We have managed to sort this out, however the emails from the site are bouncing back all the time. I have spoken to my hosting company and they tell me it is because the emails are being sent from "nobody" at our site. This is against their policy on a shared server.

The correct address is in the general settings page

I have spent the best part of the day looking for script where the email address is stored.

Can anyone help

thanks

I doubt the script is pulling email addresses from your server. Most likely it is getting addresses from a remote server. Your shared hosting account is acting like a spam bot. A big disadvantage to shared hosting. Your account risks getting that server blacklisted as SPAM for all the other websites.

I think Google Web Master Tools can scan your website and detect Malicious Code. It should be able to help you locate it and remove it.

I doubt the script is pulling email addresses from your server. Most likely it is getting addresses from a remote server. Your shared hosting account is acting like a spam bot. A big disadvantage to shared hosting. Your account risks getting that server blacklisted as SPAM for all the other websites.

I think Google Web Master Tools can scan your website and detect Malicious Code. It should be able to help you locate it and remove it.

Thanks for that, i will investigate