Digital Download Problems

Lacie

I've installed Cubecart 4.4.3 onto my server and its been running fine for the past few months. Now I want to add digital downloads but I just can't get the system to work. My servers main root directory is /mounted-storage/. Inside this folder are a number of my websites, each contained in their own folders.

I originally placed the /download/test.zip in the root of my server at /mounted-storage/ but after purchasing and receiving the link in the email, when I click on it Firefox gives the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function select() on a non-object in /mounted-storage/************************.com/shop/classes/cart/order.php on line 170

So I moved the file to a folder in my website: /mounted-storage/*************************.com/download/test.zip. Completed the purchase without problem, but when clicking on the link in the email I receive the same error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function select() on a non-object in /mounted-storage/*************************.com/shop/classes/cart/order.php on line 170

Can anyone help please?

Welcome Lacie! Glad you made it to the forums.

Can you give us the actual link you received in the email? (x-out anything you want hidden)

Is it something like:

http://mydomain/index.php?_g=dl&oid=something&pid=someting&ak=something

Have you added any modifications to your store?

I ask because order.php has $db->select() on line 160 and on line 183. In my copy of this file (CubeCart 4.4.3), line 170 is a blank line.

It doesn't matter where you put your files as long as PHP can get at it (and you indicate that location in the product edit page).

Can you tell us what exact version of PHP you are running your store on?