CAT tabs in Killer skin

Hello,

I cant figure out how to make my category tabs into one long bar, I need to do this as my background is quite dark and there is white spaces all around the tabs and it looks terrible, - there is also gaps at each end of the bar the cat tabs are part of :( I cant work it out.....

Any help would be much appreciated!

I understand what you are trying to do but the solution, as i see it, is not what you propose.

The tabs are made from GIFs. All you need do is change the wite are to transparent. that ois easy to do in Photoshop. Then upload and overwrite the existing graphic. That way you will retain the individuality that makes navigation easier while eliminating the bg that annoys you.

It would be an easy matter to make a few small changes to the siteDocs.tpl file to be usable by the categories controller PHP file

I am not sure what changes I would need to make? and not sure I understand this at all, unfortunately I need to be spoon fed as I am a learner! :)

Thanks JerseyJoe, I dont have photo shop but will look into other options - sounds like another steep learning curve though :blink:

irori..

It would be an easy matter to make a few small changes to the siteDocs.tpl file to be usable by the categories controller PHP file

I am not sure what changes I would need to make? and not sure I understand this at all, unfortunately I need to be spoon fed as I am a learner! :)

Thanks JerseyJoe, I dont have photo shop but will look into other options - sounds like another steep learning curve though :blink:

irori..

Photoshop is the ultimate image manipulation system, but there is a slightly less expensive alternative call Paint.Net (http://www.getpaint.net/)

It's FREE!

It is not a powerful as PS but for the price, it's a good substitute.

It will do many of the things that the bog boy can do.

Is this a different site than what you gave us earlier, or is it this site but you are not using the Killer skin as yet?

yep its the same site,

www.peacefulsilkworms.com.au/shop

yes I am using the killer skin,

:)

Irori

irori..

Photoshop is the ultimate image manipulation system, but there is a slightly less expensive alternative call Paint.Net (http://www.getpaint.net/)

It's FREE!

It is not a powerful as PS but for the price, it's a good substitute.

It will do many of the things that the bog boy can do.

Ok will check it out, thanks :D

I am attaching a complete set of graphics that make up the Killer navigation bar and tabs. (Actually, there are more pieces, but I've only provided those whose defaults have a white bg.) They have been edited to replace the white area with transparency.

Upload the entire set to the following folder . . .

http://www.peacefulsilkworms.com.au/shop/skins/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds/

After you upload them, overwriting the files of the same name, the page background will be displayed.

I am attaching a complete set of graphics that make up the Killer navigation bar and tabs. (Actually, there are more pieces, but I've only provided those whose defaults have a white bg.) They have been edited to replace the white area with transparency.

Upload the entire set to the following folder . . .

http://www.peacefulsilkworms.com.au/shop/skins/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds/

After you upload them, overwriting the files of the same name, the page background will be displayed.

Wow thanks!

will let you know how it goes :D

I forgot the tab center. Here it is.

I forgot the tab center. Here it is.

EDITED # mins later

Wait - my original post is correct. You shld not need this 5th piece. It may even screw up the bar.

Don't use it.

ok

Ok I uploaded and overwrit the existing files with yours, it worked but only for some of the corners and not others?

My link

do I need to overwrite another file?

thanks in advance

Irori

Its Ok, just redid the catTabRight.gif and is working now,

:yeahhh:

Thankyou Thankyou Jersey Joe !!!!!!!!

Ok I uploaded and overwrit the existing files with yours, it worked but only for some of the corners and not others?

My link

thanks in advance

Irori

I am still seeing that certain of the default (unedited) gifs (SPECIFICALLY THE left tab) are still on the site.

Did you overwrite the the default with the new?

My link

thanks in advance

Irori

I am still seeing that certain of the default (unedited) gifs (SPECIFICALLY THE left tab) are still on the site.

looks fixed to me now ? I did overwrite all the default's with new...

My link

thanks in advance

Irori

I'm seeing a dark triangle at the shoulders the left and right tabs. I think one of them is not the edited version.

Please substitute the two attached files and let's see if the triangle disappears after you refresh the screen.

My link

thanks in advance

Irori

I'm seeing a dark triangle at the shoulders the left and right tabs. I think one of them is not the edited version.

Please substitute the two attached files and let's see if the triangle disappears after you refresh the screen.

ok just did it, how does it look?

I realize that the triangle is the bg showing through but appearing to be a triangle because the bottom edge of the light banner image is exactly along the top edge of the buttons. . If the banner was about 10 or 20 pixels less higher, the illusion of triangles would disappear.

Other than that, ok.

I realize that the triangle is the bg showing through but appearing to be a triangle because the bottom edge of the light banner image is exactly along the top edge of the buttons. . If the banner was about 10 or 20 pixels less higher, the illusion of triangles would disappear.

Other than that, ok.

:D

I fixed it, you were right, looks better now, no triangles...