Going straight to credit card screen on paypal

I'm trying to figure out which paypal option I need to use to let my customers process their cards directly via paypal. I really want the credit card information screen to open for the customer - I'm using express checkout on 2 of my sites, but they keep missing the cc link and think they have to have a paypal account. I don't have SSL and don't want to mess with it, so don't want to process them on my site - I want it to go to Paypals server to process the card.

Reading thru all the paypal services options gets way confusing so was hoping someone was already doing this on their site and had a recommendation?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out which paypal option I need to use to let my customers process their cards directly via paypal. I really want the credit card information screen to open for the customer - I'm using express checkout on 2 of my sites, but they keep missing the cc link and think they have to have a paypal account. I don't have SSL and don't want to mess with it, so don't want to process them on my site - I want it to go to Paypals server to process the card.

Reading thru all the paypal services options gets way confusing so was hoping someone was already doing this on their site and had a recommendation?

Hi!

I always thought this was a cookie thing - if you have a cookie set by PayPal (ie from a previous login to your PayPal account), their site would present the log-in screen. If you don't have a PayPal cookie, then it gives you more options...

This was a few years ago, so things may have changed... but try a incognito session in Chrome and see if you get the same checkout page (on PayPal) as you do on your normal browser session.

Hope this helps,

Jason

I do not believe so, but I will look into it.

Paypal's standard screen for express checkout emphasizes to pay with your paypal account (or register for one), but a link "don't have a paypal account? use your credit card" which opens up the CC information screen which is what I want to open by default. Been getting people missing the link (we all know customers don't read lol). Think I need to play with it more and might have to call Paypal about it.